Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Beretta Elite II

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    David's pictured gun is an Inox model. I haven't seen any Inox Beretta 92's with the radius'd backstrap. Of course I haven't been looking real close.
    Interesting. A quick internet search shows a mixture of Inox models, some with the reduced backstrap, most without. I'm suspecting that per Beretta's quality specs, "parts is parts."
    Last edited by Suvorov; 12-02-2014 at 01:42 PM. Reason: URL linkage

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    None of the new 92's I saw on the gunstore shelves today had the cut in the backstrap save for an M9A1 at different store.

And Beretta prices are much higher than I remember...making me feel even better about my Wilson purchase.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    None of the new 92's I saw on the gunstore shelves today had the cut in the backstrap save for an M9A1 at different store.
    Now that blows the theory that M9's don't have the radius'd backstrap and 92FS's do.
    I'm suspecting that per Beretta's quality specs, "parts is parts."
    I suspect this is the most accurate answer.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Now that blows the theory that M9's don't have the radius'd backstrap and 92FS's do.
    The M9A1 is a new .mil approved frame which incorporated the new backstrap as well as checkering and rail, so this would be standard. I have yet to see a M9 with a reduced radius backstrap although I'm beginning to suspect some commercial models might have them. I'm thinking the moral of this story is that if you want a newer backstrap, you had best see the pistol before you buy it.

Hmm. I wonder how it would affect my grip in reality. One of the reasons that I'm looking at a 92 series is because I have monstrous hands that just don't work on most grips.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

And Beretta prices are much higher than I remember...making me feel even better about my Wilson purchase.
    How long till you get it? Did you get either of the two options?looking forward to a review.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I have my Wilson 92. I've already had it to the range. A review on the gun nuts site is coming Thursday. Short version, it's the best Beretta I've ever handled.

I got one of the ones with the standard mainspring so I'm going to swap that, but other than that I'm thoroughly pleased.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I'm wondering if YVK's gun has a slanted dust cover or the older straight (M9 pattern) dust cover? Is it a US or Italian gun?
    US, with straight dustcover.

User Tag List