Thread: What do I carry a 92FS compact in?

Site Supporter

What do I carry a 92FS compact in?

Hey everybody. I've been getting ready to start using my 92FS compact for competition and as a hopeful carry gun and I was curious about holster choice. Can any holster that fits the full size 92 series fit the compact or do I need to find a special holster?

I own a full size w/o rail. One would think that if your compact has a rail your full size holster would need to accommodate a rail type gun.

Site Supporter
    My bad, I didn't mention that my gun has no rail.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    The Safariland ALS holster for the standard 92FS fits the compact just fine. The are not the most concealable holsters but pretty much perfect in all other ways (a quick search of the forum will yield threads on the ALS holster) and would be a good place to start.

I am assuming you fixed your extraction problem?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    The Safariland ALS holster for the standard 92FS fits the compact just fine. The are not the most concealable holsters but pretty much perfect in all other ways (a quick search of the forum will yield threads on the ALS holster) and would be a good place to start.

I am assuming you fixed your extraction problem?
    Thanks! And yep, I found the problem. The breechface had a lot of buildup under the extractor claw. A toothbrush and Hoppes saw to it, and so far I've got about 150 rounds with no problems.

I would use a holster LOL.
    Anyway I would have a custom kydex holster made for it.

JM holster. Tony can make pretty much anything.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

I would use a holster LOL.

I was looking at JM haha

Wilson Combat has a few nice holsters.

The vendors here would make you one that would fit well.

I used to carry a fullsize 92FS IWB conceals for 3 years. A year or two back, I occasionally carried a compact 92FS I also had. I used the same holster. Any fullsize 92 holster will work on a compact (however, a railed model must then use a M9A1 holster).

I used a Comptac Pro Undercover holster - still have it. Great holster. The newest incarnation is now called a Comptac infidel.

I have a JM holster for my 92c. It's a great product all around. I do wish I would have ordered a full guard though, as the safety/decock lever has a tendency to pinch my love handles.

User Tag List