Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Louis Awerbuck passed?

I had the great fortune to take Louie's carbine class several years ago. I have never had to THINK so much in any gun class, ever. They say that when an old man dies, a library burns. We have lost Alexandria. Just wish I had caught his carbine class before he crossed the river....

Whatever, however, he died, I hope he finds solace in the next life. A true great one lost to us.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I had the great fortune to take Louie's carbine class several years ago. I have never had to THINK so much in any gun class, ever. They say that when an old man dies, a library burns. We have lost Alexandria. Just wish I had caught his carbine class before he crossed the river....
    Well said, John.

Til Valhalla, Louis. You will be remembered for generations to come.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.

Louis Awerbuck passed?

Damn!

I had so hoped to take his shotgun class this fall.

One of the true Jedi Knights has passes.

His past few features in SWAT certainly has a more somber than usual tone.

I'm incredibly saddened to hear this. This on the back of the news about Sheriff Campbell is incredibly depressing. I was privileged to have taken classes from both of them. God bless you, Louis may you rest well. You have earned it.

Site Supporter
    Godspeed.

Interview from 2009.
    http://louisawerbuckinterviewwithamadman.blogspot.com/

Q: You’re approaching the age when a lot of guys retire. Have you thought about that?

A: When my reactions slow down to where I miss your hand when I’m grabbing for it, I’ll quit the next day because I’d be running an unsafe range. I don’t want to sound supercilious, but I’m getting like the humble martial artist who finally realizes that he needs another four hundred years of this. I’m at base level, I’ve finally got a little bit of knowledge, now I’ve got to start climbing the tree.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I can absolutely understand the decision to go out on one's own terms rather than let some creeping evil thing rob you of everything that makes you who you are.

God speed, Louis.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 06-24-2014 at 09:05 PM.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    Well, don't that just suck.

Suicide? Man, reach out to someone!!!
    Some people commit suicide due to depression, weakness, shame, or mental illness. A few do it out of pride. Based on the info I received, this is a case of the later.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

As a gun community built on extensive education and experience, we are greatly diminished by the loss of Awerbuck. My sincerest and deepest sympathies for his family and those who knew him personally. I never had the fortunate to meet with him and I am greatly saddened by that, I too had hoped to take a shotgun class from him next year. I am deeply sorry that he was facing something severe enough that it resulted in him choosing to make an abrupt departure from our world.

Peace be with you all, please take the time to remember that life is short, hug those you love and remind them that you love them.

-Rob

It is with deep grief that I hear about the death of Louis Awerbuck. I had thirteen classes with him. He was one of the most excellent teachers, preparers, that I have ever had—in any discipline. He was a free spirit, a man who defined his own value, his own honor, and lived up to it. He chose “[t]o die proudly when it [was] no longer possible to live proudly.” May he be reunited with his father in Valhalla.

User Tag List