Thread: Left Hander Shooting Right

Left Hander Shooting Right

hello, new to PF, but have read here before, i am curious why i am shooting right with a multitude of pistols i.e., mps, glocks, hk, etc. I've been to classes (cast) and have resulted in moving the rear sight all the way to the left, which i figure is just a bandaid. i would really like to get this nailed down but to be quite frank I'm pulling my hair out about this.

any help is appreciated

-JR

In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Site Supporter
    Try this. In dry fire mode, looking at a blank wall, extend out into your shooting stance with sights aligned. Close your eyes for a few seconds, then open them back up. Sights still aligned? If not, then adjust stance and grip. Once you've got that down, align the sights, close your eyes, and press the trigger. Open your eyes and see if the sights are still aligned. If they're not, something is off with your trigger press. If they consistently deviate right or left, try changing the point where your finger contacts the trigger, until you find where it needs to be to keep the sights aligned through the trigger press.

Years ago, I was taught to use the first pad of the trigger finger, but I'm now in favor of using whatever placement gets the trigger to go straight to the rear.

In your case, I wouldn't be surprised if you need more trigger finger.

thanks for the help guys ill get to working on that, specifically the placement of my trigger finger

Just for giggles, if you're reasonably sure of your trigger press and sight picture, try switching eyes. One new shooter I worked with had a spectacular trigger press and was getting great groups...eight inches to the right at 7 yards. I was stumped as to the problem for a while, then once I suggested she switch to her left eye (right handed shooter), and she was instantly dead on.

In the majority of cases, trigger work is the problem, as others said above. But every once in a while, it's an eye thing

User Tag List