Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92A1 plus Wilson Combat = Awesome

I know what you mean Ralph. I guess this stuff is cyclical. What was cool, then not cool, is cool again even if just to us. This may be the first gun I actually buy a back up for. I'd like one set up identical except for having a fiber optic front sight.

Is there any appreciable gap when using the Vertec grips? If there's not, I'm strongly considering fitting a pair on my 92FS.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    I'm beginning to think that the 92 series is probably a very underrated pistol, a few minor mods (Beretta steel trigger, Elite II hammer, and Beretta extended mag release) was all that was needed.. It's surprising how just a few parts can really change a pistol...
    I've done the steel trigger + included D spring and oversize mag release, would you say the upgraded hammer makes much appreciable difference?
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Not exactly sure what you mean by gap but the vertex grips just drop right on. They cost $20 from midway USA and are a hard plastic that take stippling really well.

For what it's worth I left the original hammer for the extra mass to aid in ignition.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    I've done the steel trigger + included D spring and oversize mag release, would you say the upgraded hammer makes much appreciable difference?
    Yes. I think it does, But, as we all know, when it comes to triggers/hammers, trigger pulls, that's purely a individual preference. It would be interesting to do a side by side comparison, and see what differences there are. I think the Elite II hammer may be faster due to it being lighter. At least if you did buy one, and didn't like it, it's easily removable, and wouldn't be hard to get rid of, as Beretta USA, seems to always be out of stock on them.

Serpico1985 thanks for the update.

I have always wanted a 92a1 at least to try out. But every time I try something I keep coming back to Glock 9mm for some reason like many others do.

Serpico how does the 92 carry compared to the 17?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P View Post
    Serpico1985 thanks for the update.

I have always wanted a 92a1 at least to try out. But every time I try something I keep coming back to Glock 9mm for some reason like many others do.

Serpico how does the 92 carry compared to the 17?
    I did see some excellent comparison pics on barfcom. https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.h...&f=10&t=116785
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Kevin P,

I find that the beretta conceals better than the g17 AIWB. The beretta grip is shorter than the G17 and really can be compared to a 229 grip in length. Barrel and slide length isn't an issue for AIWB with longer generally being preferred. I do find that with the JM AIWB (both for the beretta and g17) and soft loops the gun will sag a little causing the grip to fall a little toward the belt line. When this happens with the Beretta it makes for an interrupted draw stroke having to deal with your knuckles hitting the belt line. With the G17 because of its grip angle if it sags a little it still leaves enough room to not drag or hit my knuckles. I ordered some hard loops from JM custom to see if it remedies the sagging issue. Also belt stiffness plays a role. Also just looking at the guns empty without a magazine does not tell the full tale. Example below.

Length compared:

These are just my thoughts and observations, by no means absolutes.
    Last edited by Serpico1985; 05-25-2015 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonCombatRep View Post
    Re: Hammer spring weights-IMO, a 16# should ignite any ammo on the market. Most of our tuned guns have a 13/14#.

I have one of your Brigadier Tacticals (with a Wilson trigger job). Outstanding pistol, but if has some trouble with European primers--S&B & Privi Partizan give it some trouble, and very occasionally it has a problem with a domestic primer as well. Nearly always fires on a second strike, but I've been thinking of swapping out and putting a normal 92 hammer on it to give it some more mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    I have one of your Brigadier Tacticals (with a Wilson trigger job). Outstanding pistol, but if has some trouble with European primers--S&B & Privi Partizan give it some trouble, and very occasionally it has a problem with a domestic primer as well. Nearly always fires on a second strike, but I've been thinking of swapping out and putting a normal 92 hammer on it to give it some more mass.
    Try a 14# spring first. If it will fire 50 rds of fiocchi, sb, or wolf you are GTG. The standard 92 hammer does have more mass but the Elite hammer tends to cam back more so its a mixed bag.

On my carry gun I run a chrome silicon 14# and it always goes bang.

User Tag List