Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pistol Sight Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    .170 tall, shoots to top of blade at 25yds with 124gr +P Gold Dot, and Win Nato. for me.
    Thanks CCT. What's your your POA/POI up close (3-7 yards) with that set up?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik the Greek View Post
    Thanks CCT. What's your your POA/POI up close (3-7 yards) with that set up?
    Typically the smallest target I would shoot at 3-7yds would be a 3/4 paster dot. I don't make any sighting adjustments, meaning I still use the top of the FS blade. Now at 3 yds I may be impacting the bottom of the dot, while at 7 I hit the upper half. But at that point your kind of splitting hairs. The main reason I like the nyeti combo is that it shoots flat. Looking at the 10-8 vs the stock Luminova, the former seems to give me a more defined edge. The stock sight appears to ghost more, in effect adding height and sending shots higher than intended. For me the 10-8 provides a better soft focus. Hope that helps.
    Taking a break from social media.

Typically the smallest target I would shoot at 3-7yds would be a 3/4 paster dot. I don't make any sighting adjustments, meaning I still use the top of the FS blade. Now at 3 yds I may be impacting the bottom of the dot, while at 7 I hit the upper half. But at that point your kind of splitting hairs. The main reason I like the nyeti combo is that it shoots flat. Looking at the 10-8 vs the stock Luminova, the former seems to give me a more defined edge. The stock sight appears to ghost more, in effect adding height and sending shots higher than intended. For me the 10-8 provides a better soft focus. Hope that helps.
    Yeah, that's very helpful, thank you. Did you ever experiment with the .155 height front sight? If so, what were your results?

Yes I have. The .155 sent rounds about 2 1/2 inches high at 25 yds. using 124gr GDHP +P and Win Nato
    Taking a break from social media.

Yes I have. The .155 sent rounds about 2 1/2 inches high at 25 yds. using 124gr GDHP +P and Win Nato
    Thanks for the response, and the help! My .170 is on its way.

User Tag List