Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pistol Sight Recommendations

Pistol Sight Recommendations

I'm looking for a set of sights for the new HK VP9. This is for a person who has at least 20 20. Trititum is a must.
    This is his first pistol. This will not be a game gun.

HDs should work fine. I need to order some too. Thx for the reminder.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

I'm assuming you are talking about the Trijicons. I have seen them mentioned in several posts. Appreciate the input.

I like the nyeti combo. Dawson Precision Tritium front paired with 10-8 rear. Works well for me
    Taking a break from social media.

I'll look it up thanks for the input.

From Trijicon customer service
    The rear notch is .169. We do offer installation of our sights; if you purchase the sights directly from us it will be the cost of the sight (install free) or you can send in the sights with the slide and the install is $32.00. We do offer alternative heights for the front sight if needed.

HD SIGHTS:
    1. Trijicon designed specific heights for all HD sights that will keep the existing POA/POI
    2. Lamp/Dot position has been adjusted so everything aligns when aiming
    3. Lining up the tops of the blades will result in the lamps being in alignment as well
    4. Because everything is visually aligned, the difference between a 6 o’clock and center hold is negligible
    5. Sights are generally designed for a center hold with a zero at 10 yards

LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
    Trijicon warrants that products manufactured by Trijicon will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the lifetime of the original owner. Trijicon will repair or replace (at our option) the registered product. This warranty does not apply to defects caused by anything which is deemed abnormal, abusive, or improper including any fault resulting from an accident or improper service. This warranty specifically applies to the optical systems and metal structure of the product and does not apply to the illumination system.
    Bright & Tough™ and HD™ Night Sights:
    The tritium lamp is warranted to glow for five (5) years for orange night sights, twelve (12) years in green and yellow night sights from date of original manufacture.

I also like the Nyeti combo of 10-8 rear with Dawson tritium front. I painted the front with fluorescent orange enamel paint for a little better visibility. I think 10-8 makes a tritium front now too.

What height are you guys using for the Dawson trit front with a 10-8 rear? .155? .170? Are you doing a top of blade sight alignment, or are you driving the dot? I read a couple threads here on the subject, but the best height to pick up seemed inconclusive.

Thanks!

Assuming P30 sights fit, I really like the Heine Straight 8s for defensive sights. Not overly busy, and you can paint marker the front sight your favorite bright color. I think I've got some pictures on my training journal, or I can post some up.
    Sheep Have Wool

Quote Originally Posted by Nik the Greek View Post
    What height are you guys using for the Dawson trit front with a 10-8 rear? .155? .170? Are you doing a top of blade sight alignment, or are you driving the dot? I read a couple threads here on the subject, but the best height to pick up seemed inconclusive.

Thanks!
    .170 tall, shoots to top of blade at 25yds with 124gr +P Gold Dot, and Win Nato. for me.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List