Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats The Worst Gun Sold in America?

Whats The Worst Gun Sold in America?

Much debate can be generated in discussing what's the BEST handgun sold.

But, let's turn it around and see what are the worst guns sold new today.

I'm offering Para USA as a candidate. They make $1300 ,widebody 1911 shaped paperweights with realistic slides and frames,but barrels and small parts barely suited for gas blowback airsoft duty.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I would submit anything from the Jennings/Bryco family. Somewhere under the house sits a box with a Bryco .380 that has a pot metal slide that has just about split in two purchased by myself back in the days when I knew nothing......

Anything by Heckler & Koch

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Anything by Heckler & Koch

Hi-Point handguns!!!

I heard HK is pretty bad.
    Taking a break from social media.

Well...if you found a Nambu Type 94 for sale (and you could if you looked), you'd have the worst gun for sale/sold in America. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_94_Nambu_pistol

But I am assuming you meant handguns currently manufactured and sold. Taurus Milleniums, Taurus 24/7s, and Heritage Rough Riders in .22 were consistently the three guns that when one sold I knew it was coming back to be sent off for repair. I worked behind the counter slinging guns for 18-months and then moved to corporate purchasing with a large, well-known, Southern-based, sporting goods retailer for 18-months. I couldn't get them to stop buying Taurus products. The demand from consumers was too high - even when I showed them the stats that indicated 7 of every 10 Taurus semi-autos sold were sent back for repair. Admittedly, we never stocked Hi Points while I was doing the buying.

-Rob

An older gentleman came up to the stall adjacent to me at the indoor range today. He was carrying concealed in an IWB holster a Davis P-380 bright nickel pistol. The pistol failed to fire past 4-5 rounds without having a FTE or a FTF stoppage. He was so frustrated with it that he wisely stopped after about 30 rounds. Instead of holstering it, he smartly cased it. To fill the time, he then pulled out a worn 4 inch S&W Mdl. 10 and completed his session without any problems and with good shots. Right there I witnessed the WORST gun maker and one of the best gun makers at the same time.

Ruger P series
    If not me, then who?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I couldn't get them to stop buying Taurus products. The demand from consumers was too high - even when I showed them the stats that indicated 7 of every 10 Taurus semi-autos sold were sent back for repair.
    I feel your pain.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

The Judge. Can someone please tell me why?
    "Gettin' everybody to love me is a full time job..." - Kenny Powers

User Tag List