Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Whats The Worst Gun Sold in America?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    LSP,

One thing I always noticed about those POS guns of my LE career is that they always seemed to work on the good guys (robbery victims, police officers, etc.).
    Yup. But they also work equally well when its bad-guy-on-bad-guy. The latest one of those we worked was accomplished with a JA Nine.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Yup. But they also work equally well when its bad-guy-on-bad-guy. The latest one of those we worked was accomplished with a JA Nine.

I also recall the best "combat" shot of all was done by a citizen shooting a car burglar going over an apartment complex boundary wall (with the shooter's car stereo in hand). Range was ~30 yards in the dark and was a single shot from a Raven .25 that struck the thief dead center at C2 (base of skull).
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I also recall the best "combat" shot of all was done by a citizen shooting a car burglar going over an apartment complex boundary wall (with the shooter's car stereo in hand). Range was ~30 yards in the dark and was a single shot from a Raven .25 that struck the thief dead center at C2 (base of skull).
    Did you guys offer him a job?

Site Supporter
    No, we offered him a jail cell. He was on an extra-marital liaison at the apartment complex and fled the scene after the shooting, which then presented as a murder. Took a lot of work to identify him, track him down and arrest him. He caught a murder rap but was later no-billed.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Best Hail Mary "combat" shot I ever saw was a fleeing armed robber, he and liquor store clerk shoot at each other several times from about 8 feet and both miss, bad guy bails out the door, is at a dead run in the dark, 87 yards downrange, when the clerk pops out the door and fires his last round, head shot.

Anything from Kimber.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Best Hail Mary "combat" shot I ever saw was a fleeing armed robber, he and liquor store clerk shoot at each other several times from about 8 feet and both miss, bad guy bails out the door, is at a dead run in the dark, 87 yards downrange, when the clerk pops out the door and fires his last round, head shot.
    Game, set, match.

Quote Originally Posted by CoThG View Post
    Anything from Kimber.
    And I can agree with this sort of idea, because a Jennings and such doesn't pretend to be a high dollar tier one maker putting out guns that work awesomely and one can have pride of ownership in. Kimber is kind of like a embezzler, taking your money by fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    Then I got hit with a cluebat and realized if it could be made cheaper, Glock would make it cheaper.
    I would just say... there is a big difference between being able to produce the gun cheaper and selling it cheaper.

Gaston can't live large if he drops the margins ;-)
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Kimber is kind of like a embezzler, taking your money by fraud.
    Given the cost, most people have a certain (entirely reasonable) expectation of quality. My biggest gripe with Kimber is the gap between that expectation and the reality for many owners.

I know what I'm getting when I buy at the low or high end of the spectrum ... buying in the middle is much more of a gamble IMO.
    "A man's character is his fate."

User Tag List