Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats The Worst Gun Sold in America?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    In all fairness some models of collector guns are so badly made they're unsafe to shoot anyways. Example, Dornaus & Dixon's Bren Ten.
    Or .40 caliber glocks

kabooooooom

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I'm going to go with the Kel Tec PF 9. Almost unshootable.
    I agree but expand to anything in their product line. It is always funny to see the kel-tec sponsored shooting team use glocks/m&p9/1911 for pistol and bring spare shotguns and rifles for when their guns fail. Multigun Saturday is always funner when they're shooting, I won't be in last place!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    I agree but expand to anything in their product line.
    Their little P-40 was practically uniquely ill-conceived. I mean, consider that the P-11 was a rework of the Grendel P-10 and was already marginal for a 9x19... Just because you can squeeze a .40 in there doesn't mean you should. Those things had service lives shorter than fruit flies with ebola.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

#yesallguns
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I think most of the 22 pistols on the market are crap. The M&P 22, Browning Buckmark, and the Ruger MK III seem to be pretty decent and the Browning 1911 22 I shot was a nice little pistol.

Yesterday there was a guy at the range with a Ruger SR22 and a box of bulk pack Federal. Every other mag that thing was failing to feed or eject. Last year I saw one snap a part off while the first box of ammo was run through it. If Ruger was trying to take the Walther P22 market they succeeded as I can't tell which is the better piece of junk.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I disagree. The carbine is actually not a complete dog turd. Blowback works decent in a carbine. Not so much in a pistol, as seen by the seemingly infinite junk handguns they make. And even worse, their grips are quite slick so even out of the box they make a terrible impact weapon. Hell, I would bet money that if you struck someone hard enough you might even break the pistol and hurt yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    I hear that... Then i see charging handles snap off on multiple specimens (and the person always says, "It's got a lifetime warranty!"). And I have yet to see folks with 5k rounds through one.
    That's not a problem. I agree with orionz06. When my 995's charging handle fell out and got lost, I just put a big nail in there and now I cock it that way. Works just as good as it always did. Duh, winning!!!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    That's not a problem. I agree with orionz06. When my 995's charging handle fell out and got lost, I just put a big nail in there and now I cock it that way. Works just as good as it always did. Duh, winning!!!
    LOL!

Years ago I worked with a guy that had a Bryco Jammings. The trigger pin broke at the range so he took it home and found a finishing nail that fit snug. Tapped it into place and cut the excess off with a hacksaw. After a running a couple mags through it, he put it in the local classifieds and sold it within an hour for $100. He took the cash and put it toward a 70's Series Colt which I now have because his hands were too meaty and he got hammer bite.

Hi Points on the local classifieds last less than a day.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Years ago I worked with a guy that had a Bryco Jammings.
    How have I never heard that one before?

Sincerely,
    Someone Who Once Actually Paid Money For A Bryco 59
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    I agree but expand to anything in their (Kel-Tec's) product line.
    My late shooting buddy loved to play with Kel-Tec pistols, but always used to remark that they routinely and continually use their customer base as beta-testers.

Seems like a really peculiar niche for a company to wish to occupy in the gun market; "pay lower prices for our finicky unreliable plastic-framed pistols, and eventually we'll get them to work for you if you send them back enough times".

"Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    My late shooting buddy loved to play with Kel-Tec pistols, but always used to remark that they routinely and continually use their customer base as beta-testers.

Seems like a really peculiar niche for a company to wish to occupy in the gun market; "pay lower prices for our finicky unreliable plastic-framed pistols, and eventually we'll get them to work for you if you send them back enough times".

It's working well enough for Kimber, less the "lower prices" part. Most buyers are gun accumulators who only occasionally fire their purchases. A firm which has a 100% failure rate can safely bet maybe two buyers actually shoot it enough to detect issues -and if the company's CS is on top of things, one of them will think "it's a piece of kitten, but the company stood by me and paid for the five trips to the support center.... maybe the next one ain't so bad."
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

User Tag List