Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saturday morning... time to bust some caps in the barrio.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post

Spent the morning sighting in rifles. Shooting off the luggage deck of the motorhome.
    Minute of graboid?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Spent the day shooting steel at a local match. Took my father with me and met up with some friends. Don't have the official results yet, but I believe I was the first loser (2nd place) out of 60 or so shooters. Great day to be on the range.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Just found out that it was the Juneteenth parade...
    Embarrassed to admit that I had to look it up.

Juneteenth is the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States. From its Galveston, Texas origin in 1865, the observance of June 19th as the African American Emancipation Day has spread across the United States and beyond. Today Juneteenth commemorates African American freedom and emphasizes education and achievement. It is a day, a week, and in some areas a month marked with celebrations, guest speakers, picnics, family gatherings, and busting caps in gangsta asses.

Only holiday with more police calls for service is cinco de mayo.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    I spent the day unpacking boxes following our move to Kansas this week. Yesterday my safe got away from the movers when they were taking it down the steps to the basement. No such excitement today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Just found out that it was the Juneteenth parade...
    Should have been easy to tell the sides...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I shot a local match and finished first.

Too bad it was IDPA

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Should have been easy to tell the sides...
    Actually I think it was a Norteno/Sureno thing in this particular neighborhood.
    Two blocks over is a whole other story.

And then you have the white dude with a sack full of money right in the middle of everything.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I was blowing stuff up......lots of stuff, and getting paid to do it!.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Big breakfast, too much coffee. At her suggestion, went and took the little lady's "class" at the gym. Came home, lay down on the floor for an hour. Then moved to my comfy chair for an hour. Finally felt strong enough after that to take a shower.

Took the lady friend to the range. She does not like shooting pistols, no sir. Liked shooting the AR just fine. We get along.

Also, apparently if you don't shoot pistols for a long time, you're awful at it when you start back up. Could be just me... I rediscovered that I do not like shooting Glocks. God help me, I'm an M&P guy through and through.

User Tag List