Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Saturday morning... time to bust some caps in the barrio.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I spent Saturday morning eating a huge greasy breakfast and recovering from my best friend's pre-bachelor party party. The bachelor party is tonight.

Gatorade, B12, multivitamins, aspirin. Should be functional enough to pilot the boat by 6.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    For realz?
    We keep it real down here in "Little Albuquerque".
    #1 in murders/capita in the state of New Mexico!

The local gun stores sell gun club memberships and as the gun club VP it's my job to pick up the cash and deliver the keys every week or two.
    I was making the rounds this morning to make sure everything was ready for the weekend.
    There was an "ethnic" parade of some kind today that had just passed in front of the pawn shop/gun store and I guess some of the spectators were in the wrong hood/barrio.
    I had just stepped out of the store, put the money bag (with over $2500 in it) in the tailbag on my motorcycle and was pulling on my helmet when *pop pop pop pop pop pop* and the vatos started scattering on the other side of the street.
    Lot's of excited chattering in Espanol, saggy pants and oversized wife beaters hauling ass in every direction.
    I just jumped on the bike and took off in the other direction.
    Passed by several cop cars running that direction with lights and sirens.
    Glad I don't give a flying kitten about anyone who lives in that barrio. They get the neighborhood they deserve.

I was stylishly wearing my "Drop 200# FAST" PT.com T-shirt this morning though, so at least I was dressed for the occasion.
    Last edited by JodyH; 06-21-2014 at 03:54 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I spent Saturday morning eating a huge greasy breakfast and recovering from my best friend's pre-bachelor party party. The bachelor party is tonight.

Gatorade, B12, multivitamins, aspirin ,penicillin. Should be functional enough to pilot the boat by 6.
    Fixed it for you.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    . I have an interview to see a place in America on Wednesday.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I put a new gasket on my old Landcruiser, and generally got it ready for it's new owner.
    Lord willing, I should be back in the USA by the 4th of July.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    That's on the list for the bachelor party recovery.

I was just listing today's supplies for pre-party recovery.

Thankfully one of the guys going is a very switched-on emerg nurse and former combat medic. Totally relying on his gear and skills for dealing with most of what happens tonight.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    ...a gig tonight. I predict no cap busting at any point whatsoever, although I suppose one never knows.
    Depends on where the gig is. If Pioneer Square or Hilltop...

As for me, the damned cat woke me up at 0400 to feed him, then again at 0500 to let him out. Worst of all, that cat don't hunt...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Spent the morning sighting in rifles. Shooting off the luggage deck of the motorhome.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    100 miles on the bike this morning , Motorcycle that is.
    2 hours of driving lesson for my new driver.
    Currently have the house to myself. Enjoying a Bookers and a cigar on the veranda.

Just another day in paradise.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Just found out that it was the Juneteenth parade...

User Tag List