Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IRS scandal- or how the dog ate my homework

25 years ago, when email and internet were fairly new, they found a way to dig up Oliver North's emails on a server. I would like to think that now, with a couple of decades of experience with computers, IT, and backup systems, there should never be lost emails, especially for an agency involved with finance and law-enforcement, such as the IRS.

Saying that the emails were lost is the modern-day equivalent of "the dog ate my homework" excuse. Lame.

This is Bush's fault. His administration did not pass the appropriate budget to have the IRS infrastructure updated in the 'future' (now present). Obama's administration has taken care of this problem, the computer infrastructure will be properly updated in the future. My understanding is, it will be built by the same guys who built the NSA's system.

-Rob

?????

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Well played!

Nice ^^

Hey, anyone want to bet that Holder can produce more than 6 months worth of background check data??

Site Supporter
    Sometimes Breitbart feels like The Onion.
    This link made me feel gooder.

http://stockman.house.gov/media-cent...excuses-as-irs
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I have a friend who worked on hard drives from Columbia's final flight. With pieces picked up from a debris field that spanned two states and some of the boggiest terrain in the hemisphere, they got 87% of the data back - at a cost of about $7K (not including debris recovery.) I've got other friends that literally pulverized their old drives and sprinkled the dust on the open sea...and are only 99% sure the data is safely gone. They use acid now and are 99.9% sure.

Rest assured, recovery of those emails is certainly possible - almost, in fact, routine. Whether there's a conspiracy, or whether we're looking at the same technical expertise that gave us the obamacare website, or whether it's something else...I have no idea.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Banned
    Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    When our hard drives really crash, they go in to a big bin and are shredded.

Isn't that the same answer that the last regime gave Congress when they requested over a 1,000,000 e-mails?

Didn't they also "claim" that every computer that was involved with the Valerie Plume had crashed and all data was lost?

Obama is just using Lil' George's playbook.

Paul

User Tag List