Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad News From IN

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN

Sad News From IN

It only takes one aw$#!+ to erase a thousand attaboys.

It remains to be seen what effect this will have on the excellent open-enrollment training programs that have been hosted at BCSD for many years and which were Ken's baby.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

"Certain allegations have recently arisen in regards to my conduct. While I believe I have committed no illegal acts, I must apologize for serious errors of judgment in my personal life. I have thoughtlessly and deeply hurt my family, friends, co-workers and those who placed their trust in me."

Four years of contact with a prostitute = violation of the law, which would make what he did illegal.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Wow, tough to hear. Weird coincidence, but I have on a Boone County SRT t shirt today. Hopefully, the open enrollment program continues.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Four years of contact with a prostitute = violation of the law, which would make what he did illegal.
    Think a little harder. Assume Ken is almost as well-versed in the law of the land as you are. Now try again and see if you can come up with a theory that fits the available statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Think a little harder. Assume Ken is almost as well-versed in the law of the land as you are. Now try again and see if you can come up with a theory that fits the available statements.
    I'm confused. You possess a logical hypothesis for him leaving the department as he's being investigated by the Feds which ***doesn't*** involve him having broken the law during his tenure?

If the charges are political hot air, why not stay in office and tell the Feds to pound sand? Further, why is he releasing a statement apologizing to his family if he's totally innocent?
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I'll wait to hear more before I have any opinion on this one. Ken has always been good people, and I have seen numerous cases of accusations being false, overblown, or things being stated that are pure spin and harmful agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Some of us aren't close enough to Indiana to have additional knowledge about the inner workings of the area. Would you mind giving a synopsis of some of the background material that might shed some light on to why (I suspect) you think this is a kitty litter vendetta?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    I'm confused. You possess a logical hypothesis for him leaving the department as he's being investigated by the Feds which ***doesn't*** involve him having broken the law during his tenure?

If the charges are political hot air, why not stay in office and tell the Feds to pound sand? Further, why is he releasing a statement apologizing to his family if he's totally innocent?
    Sheriff Campbell was already retiring on January 1 next year. Indiana limits Sheriffs to two terms in office.

---

Hypothetical: If a married married man commits adultery, is that a criminal act? If a prostitute has sex with a man but doesn't charge him for it, was it an act of prostitution?

---

I appreciate Sheriff Campbell's statement in the matter.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Some of us aren't close enough to Indiana to have additional knowledge about the inner workings of the area. Would you mind giving a synopsis of some of the background material that might shed some light on to why (I suspect) you think this is a kitty litter vendetta?
    1) Didn't say it was just a "kitty litter vendetta". Just found out about this last night myself.

2) Caesar's wife must be above reproach. There are moral failings that are not illegal. Further, some people's jobs can be impacted by the actions of their companions.

ETA: Absolutely echo everything Chief Weems said above.

This article has a statement from the woman involved. She says that they had a consensual relationship and that no payments were exchanged. They met at a shooting class.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List