Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Cheating Scandal in USPSA

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Which was?
    Phil had a letter put on Facebook announcing it, but banned for life.

What's interesting is how some of the dudes are trying to get people to move on with it and essentially forget.

Comparing it to the NFL and the Pats folks haven't forgotten that, even if that has been blown way outta proportion. This is not, it clear cut.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Phil had a letter put on Facebook announcing it, but banned for life.
    When? I don't see it. Unless I'm on the wrong page.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    When? I don't see it. Unless I'm on the wrong page.
    Probably. It wasn't posted on the main USPSA page. It seems like USPSA hasn't wanted to call attention to this or let their membership know what's going on.

http://www.gunnuts.net/2014/06/27/le...ating-scandal/

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    What's interesting is how some of the dudes are trying to get people to move on with it and essentially forget.

Comparing it to the NFL and the Pats folks haven't forgotten that, even if that has been blown way outta proportion. This is not, it clear cut.
    I think we need to watch for this in the future, but the person directly responsible has been dealt with. This isn't a temporary measure a lifetime ban. If the NFL did the same there would be no questions either.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Spr1 View Post
    A lifetime ban is totally appropriate. Cheating is incredibly toxic to a sport/participant activity like USPSA.

There was a club in a neighboring state that in the 90's had 80-90 people at each monthly match. A few years later it had 30 or so participants. I suspect for the reason I stopped going.... A well developed good old boys club had risen there and the RO's would give their friends reshoots, invent doubles, mess with the timer starts for people not in the inner circle, etc.
    For the most part I have found shooters not that incline to try and cheat. It seems we want to beat each other fair and square.
    I've also found my fellow shooters to be incredibly helpful in sharing info IE how they think they are going to shoot the stage/match, reloading, gun set up ect.

I have run into people who don't want to help other shooters or talk about the hows and why of what they do, but I tend to find those people aren't in the winners circle.

It seems that at the top there are no secrets the only thing separating the people in the top 10% is ability ?

I did shoot a club for a while like the one you mention where there was a bit of an "old boys club" certain people would decide they did not like their score so they got to re shoot the whole match. It soured me on that club very quickly.

I think a lifetime ban is a fitting punishment.
    Last edited by dbateman; 07-02-2014 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Add.
    https://www.facebook.com/dave.bateman.311

kimbers have more issues than time magazine.

User Tag List