Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 41 Sight Options

Glock 41 Sight Options

So, I'm seriously considering picking up a G41 for competition (requires a .45 ACP).
    I have been shooting an M&P45, but am wanting to consolidate.
    I had previously consolidated on Glocks, not because they are the uber pistol, simply because it is the most prevalent platform encountered and is readily supported.
    I was not terribly happy with the G21 or G21SF, which is why I deviated from Glock in the first place.
    Anyway, having had issues with finding good sight options, and not knowing what I don't know, I figured I'd ask around.

Do G21 sights work with the G41? The answer seems to be "yes", however, others are saying that 34/35 sights work.
    Do I need to be aware of front/rear heights to keep POI near the tip of the front sight at 25?
    I did read this thread: http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...lock-G41/page4 , which had good initial info, but wanted to see what has been found since then.

If you are shooting a 41 with aftermarket sights, especially Dawson, what height combo are you using and what POI does it give at 25 with what ammo?
    Is there an out of the box combo that is working?
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

I'm also shopping for G41 sights. Reports are that the standard sight heights work for the 41, but I'm also interested in any first-hand reports on POA/POI with aftermarket sights.

I'm currently torn between the Taran Tactical sight set and the Dawson chargers with FO front. Leaning towards the Dawsons.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

I've been very pleased with my Warren Tacticals; for the G41, I'd suggest contacting Scott Warren directly for his advice-he's very responsive.

Best, Jon

The 41 ships with the 6.9 rear which is the same as a G21. For me, it shot about 3" to 3.5" high at 20 yards with 230 ball. I replaced the issue sights with a set of Meprolight night sights with the 6.5 rear and POI is now about 1" above POA which is where I like it.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Glock 41 Sight Options

I have found that the gun ships with g21 sights, but rarely are they zeroed for POA/POI. Replacing them with out of the package g21 aftermarket sights, based on the fact that g21 sights came on the gun, is not a good idea. You'll still have the same zeroing issue.

Not sure what the rear height is on the Dawson sights, so I can't advise there.

Warrens and the Trijicon HD's require the .245 tall front to zero properly at 25m with the G41.

I've found this to be the case with 4 different G41's including my own.
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

SBL, what height rear sights are you using with the .245 front? If you can share that, I can figure out what Dawson combo will yield the same results.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    SBL, what height rear sights are you using with the .245 front? If you can share that, I can figure out what Dawson combo will yield the same results.
    He states Warrens and HD's. Heinies and 10-8s should be the same as the Warrens.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    He states Warrens and HD's. Heinies and 10-8s should be the same as the Warrens.
    here is some info on heights:

http://www.10-8performance.com/glock-rear-sight/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Since I found the last pistol to buy on the current "need to buy list" and pick it up tomorrow...........guess I need to get me one of these G41's. Jack, let me know what you settle on for sights. I'd rather you pay for trial and error than me.

You can get the same Ameriglo's for them, I believe, that you at one point carried. They also make FO versions.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List