Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG SB15 brace build thread

Got impatient, waiting on the Form1 to clear, so I put together this heap.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I think that the price is quite palatable given the complete lack of wait time, absolutely legality as ruled by the BATF, and SIG's aggressive pursuit of making the ATF own up to their silly rulings.
    That's what I meant by "all that other stuff".

I don't think it is "overpriced"....my WAG assumption of price was off. Wouldn't be the 1st time I got my thoughter bent.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Are there states that allow pistol ARs that don't allow SBRs?
    Kalifornia. At least until they kill the Single Shot Exemption for good this year.

I put one on a Krink pistol. Now I have a truck gun i can shoulder that I can keep loaded since it's covered under my CHP permit.

How does it handle when fired from the shoulder? Similar to a traditional stock? How flexible is the Sig brace? Thinking about picking one up for a 11.5" build. This brace is very appealing to me because I don't have to jump through the NFA hoops and wait 9 months to get a stamp, I can travel out of state without notifying the ATF, and I can keep it loaded and concealed in my vehicle, as mentioned above, because it is technically a "pistol." Win on all accounts IMO.

Due to it's intended purpose, it's wider than most stocks, so it sits a bit weird, especially if you mount a carbine more toward your centerline like I do, but that's not insurmountable. Just took a little getting used to.

I run a normal collapsible stock all the way out, so when in the prone with this thing, my nose doesn't touch the charging handle so much as rest on the charging handle, so I'll get punched in the lip by the gun if I don't remember to adjust my cheek weld accordingly.

Whatever it's made of....think of the material used for the butt-pads of a normal stock, though perhaps a bit more rigid than that. It fits on the RE pretty snugly, but can torque to one side or the other, so it pays to check it from time to time. Be prepared for the possibility of a lot of friction against your clothes.

Except for those minor points....it shoots like a carbine shoots. If one normally shoots with the stock adjusted one or two detents out, this thing probably won't faze you much.

It'll fit on just about any pistol RE, but it pays to get the GenII version of the KAK Industry extension designed specifically for the arm-brace, if you don't want to worry about it collapsing forward, and want to utilize something like the Tango Down PR-4 that I prefer for a rear sling mounting point: http://www.kakindustry.com/ar-15-par...ol-buffer-tube

KAK's GenII uses a normal castle nut and receiver endplate, no need for special parts sometimes required by other pistol REs. I got a complete lower, removed the RE, and re-used the nut and endplate. KAK offers kits for stripped lowers; see the right side of the product page linked above, under "Related Products."

The KAK RE arrived from California 3 days after I ordered it.

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    Due to it's intended purpose, it's wider than most stocks, so it sits a bit weird, especially if you mount a carbine more toward your centerline like I do, but that's not insurmountable. Just took a little getting used to.

I run a normal collapsible stock all the way out, so when in the prone with this thing, my nose doesn't touch the charging handle so much as rest on the charging handle, so I'll get punched in the lip by the gun if I don't remember to adjust my cheek weld accordingly.

Whatever it's made of....think of the material used for the butt-pads of a normal stock, though perhaps a bit more rigid than that. It fits on the RE pretty snugly, but can torque to one side or the other, so it pays to check it from time to time. Be prepared for the possibility of a lot of friction against your clothes.

Except for those minor points....it shoots like a carbine shoots. If one normally shoots with the stock adjusted one or two detents out, this thing probably won't faze you much.

It'll fit on just about any pistol RE, but it pays to get the GenII version of the KAK Industry extension designed specifically for the arm-brace, if you don't want to worry about it collapsing forward, and want to utilize something like the Tango Down PR-4 that I prefer for a rear sling mounting point: http://www.kakindustry.com/ar-15-par...ol-buffer-tube

KAK's GenII uses a normal castle nut and receiver endplate, no need for special parts sometimes required by other pistol REs. I got a complete lower, removed the RE, and re-used the nut and endplate. KAK offers kits for stripped lowers; see the right side of the product page linked above, under "Related Products."

The KAK RE arrived from California 3 days after I ordered it.
    Great info, J.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Sure, why not?

It's $120.......... I dumped 30 times that for dinner and drinks at Jeff Ruby's on my birthday.

Also because I dicked up my most recent Form 1, and I know that my failing to include a pertinent piece of paperwork, it will cause an even longer delay in getting the stamp. Since the build this is going on is actually also a pistol caliber, I needed the receiver extension and something to put on the lower anyway, and I still had plenty of line left of my credit card, it just made sense.

Do I need a suppressed 5.5" barreled AR15 that accepts Glock 9mm mags in pistol form?

Nope?

Don't need it in SBR form either.

But my days of filling "needs" when it comes to my firearms are over.

"Because I can", along with "Because Fuck You, that's why" have become my default answers when it comes to fielding questions about a particular firearm, modification, or accessory I elect to purchase. I use the first with the wife, and the latter with the people at the LGS.

Yeah, the idea of just LOOKING at my 10.5" upper for a year+ (or whatever it's gonna take for my own Form1 to drop; I'm not an optimist) instead of SHOOTING it was simply galling.

Between the E-file site going TU for the foreseeable future and this Sig contraption, going the pistol-lower route an easy decision.

LL, let me know if you wanna kick the tires on this sucker....

I bought a Sig 10.5" pistol equipped with one of these. It's the perfect truck gun. No wait, shoots like a carbine, and goes from the back seat to out the window in a matter of a few seconds.

User Tag List