Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG SB15 brace build thread

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    What factors/features/considerations led you to that choice?
    I wouldn't let him copy mine since I was building it.

I believe it was less expensive and has a better LOP for his body size.

I have not shot it yet but do not like the shorter length and I believe it will not be as comfortable as the sig brace. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I went that route for size mostly.
    I'm going to add a law folder which will make it very compact and the lop will be just right for me. It also doesn't weigh much.

Name:  829735A9-328A-4B88-AC75-132B38FAC290_zpsdnapxayh.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  63.7 KB

Ran it today suppressed and unsuppressed and it is awesome. The cheap barrel is pretty accurate too. Brass looks good as well. Turns out john might put together a mean black rifle

For reference, one justintime = approximately 1/2 a Skyline1, so their fit is pretty different on a long gun :-)

Progress....

Sig brace, trigger, gas block, BCM BCG, and the rest of the small parts are in the mail. Should be complete next week. Now I just need to decided on an optic. I'll probably wait until after the new Aimpoint "T2" is released and pick up a lightly used H2 off of the EE somewhere for dirt cheap

Had a blast with some great guys at the range yesterday shooting some 300blk and 556 rifles.

220gr subsonic loads in 300blk are no joke quite as church mice. It was too much fun and I'm planning on a specwar to be added to the books soon.

110gr 300 whisper were fairly quiet as well suppressed.

Big thanks to HCM for bringing out a fun riffle we got our grubby hands on for some trigger time.

My thoughts on the sig brace:
    It's Ok...LOP was great for me which was pretty cool...pulled out some beard hair, fought with my ear pro a little to get down on the rmr. Window of the rmr seemed too small for me on a rifle, time will tell but 65 yard rapid hits on steal were pretty fun and easy once I found the right place to put my melon head. This little pistol is going to turn out to be a fun little hog killer.

I didn't have a chance to run Justin's pistol with the side saddle. It was sidelined do to special magic suppressor/mount compound failure. It was such a nice shade of green too . Next time I get some pics up, I was having too much fun and forgot to take any.

AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Had a blast with some great guys at the range yesterday shooting some 300blk and 556 rifles.

220gr subsonic loads in 300blk are no joke quite as church mice. It was too much fun and I'm planning on a specwar to be added to the books soon.

110gr 300 whisper were fairly quiet as well suppressed.

Big thanks to HCM for bringing out a fun riffle we got our grubby hands on for some trigger time.

My thoughts on the sig brace:
    It's Ok...LOP was great for me which was pretty cool...pulled out some beard hair, fought with my ear pro a little to get down on the rmr. Window of the rmr seemed too small for me on a rifle, time will tell but 65 yard rapid hits on steal were pretty fun and easy once I found the right place to put my melon head. This little pistol is going to turn out to be a fun little hog killer.

I didn't have a chance to run Justin's pistol with the side saddle. It was sidelined do to special magic suppressor/mount compound failure. It was such a nice shade of green too . Next time I get some pics up, I was having too much fun and forgot to take any.

Sounds like a great range session, I need me one of those.
    #RESIST

I am less than impressed with 300 blk shootability out to 300 yards. That said the rifle is very accurate. using my eotech and a less than ideal rest I shot a 10 shot 1" group. recoil is very manageable in the 8" barrels with both the sig brace and the saddle kit. I am not sure which I like better but I would say the sig brace is the way to go if your not trying to get the most compact rifle you can. Sub loads are very very quiet and have very little recoil. Interestingly poi shift is minimal at 100 yards with sub/super loadings. Can didnt seem to alter the zero of either rifle running the specwar. We didn't run the subloads through my gun but with the can everything cycles fine and ejection looks ideal. Oddly the brass seems the launch almost like an ak47 and flies out almost ten feet away. These things are badass and super handy! Im impressed that a 100 dollar barrel can work so well as I honestly was half expecting them to be throw-aways. Im not sure but I think I want to build another one with a wilson barrel and use this little guy as a training gun.

Site Supporter
    It was great fun, Thanks guys. I've been on the bubble between building a 6.8 or a 300blk as a hog hunting gun and I'm leaning 300 at this point.

PS- White River's web site isn't showing barrels, just complete uppers - did you have to call ?

Yep, a great time, and the little 300BLK's were a hoot, especially with the sub loads. Thanks to all of you for sharing your toys with my lowly no-AR-owning self.
    Based on my extremely limited AR experience the SIG brace didn't seem too hard to shoot with. Might not want to do 1000 rounds in a day with it, but I'll never do that anyway. If I ever get around to getting an AR I'll have to seriously consider this set up.

User Tag List