Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG SB15 brace build thread

SIG SB15 brace build thread

Amazon link

Gen 2 KAK buffer tube setup

It is best to build your stripped lower with a pistol buffer tube first.

Ordinary carbine buffers and springs work.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 06-19-2014 at 02:56 PM.
    #RESIST

If I ever get round to building a 300 blackout I will probably go this route instead of getting it SBR’ed.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Yep. Still trying to decide on the gun and generate the funds. In Kalifornia the window in which to get one is only going to last the next few months most likely and it may very well be the closest I ever get to an SBR.

Working on this now. 7" .300BLK build.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    If I ever get round to building a 300 blackout I will probably go this route instead of getting it SBR’ed.
    This is my plan as well.

This thing makes SO much sense. No filing paperwork to travel to other states, no wait. Just really awesome of SIG to do this.
    #RESIST

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    So what is the group think here - when it comes to 7.5" and 10" ARs are there any advantages to a piston gun or are most still better served with DI?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    The initial paperwork and tax doesn't bother me so much. It's the ease of traveling with a pseudo-SBR that sells me on this.
    I would agree as long as you live in a state that allows its subjects to own SBRs.

Wow. $122.xx? I would've guessed about 1/2 that. Makes a $200 tax stamp not as hard to swallow. Of course, there is all that other stuff involved beyond cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    So

I would agree as long as you live in a state that allows its subjects to own SBRs.
    Are there states that allow pistol ARs that don't allow SBRs?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post
    Wow. $122.xx? I would've guessed about 1/2 that. Makes a $200 tax stamp not as hard to swallow. Of course, there is all that other stuff involved beyond cost.
    I think that the price is quite palatable given the complete lack of wait time, absolutely legality as ruled by the BATF, and SIG's aggressive pursuit of making the ATF own up to their silly rulings.
    #RESIST

User Tag List