Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG SB15 brace build thread

I've seen a few of the AK pistols with the SB47 brace, while I do like the idea, I also think that having an AK pistol that's as long as a 16" AR with a collapsed stock is just plain dumb.............so I didn't do that.

Serbian (yugo) M92 PAP AK pistol.

KAK FDE Cerakoted Super Sig Tube and the small section out of their spacer kit.

Stormwerkz buffer tube folding mechanism.

Stormwerkz 6 degree trunnion plate with sling mount.

Blue Force Gear wire sling loop.

An FDE Sig Brace.

Midwest Industries quad rail.

Magpul XTM handstop kit.

Manticore Arms Nightbrake.

That is pretty slick.

Mrs. SC and I had the opportunity to shoot YVK's setup last week and after she shot it she turned to me with a grin and gave me the green light to build one.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Seriously considering one of these for my Dakota Tactical MP5 pistol, even though I only have about six more months till the stamp gets here.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

I just saw that BCM is now building a pistol tube, and going to come up with a pistol pretty soon. I now know which tube I am going to buy for the one I want to put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    ...Manticore Arms Nightbrake.
    That is slick. How do you like the Manticore? Any functioning issues with it as opposed to the factory mount? Does it provide backpressure to cycle the rifle reliably like a four-chambered Bulgarian brake or is the gas port on that barrel enlarged enough to not need the assistance?

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    Does it provide backpressure to cycle the rifle reliably like a four-chambered Bulgarian brake or is the gas port on that barrel enlarged enough to not need the assistance?

Neither, it works as is.
    Cut the factory nut off, clean the gunk out of the threads, install a detent, screw on the brake (some to take note of is that the PAP pistols have a 26mm thread, instead of the standard 24mm), and you're good to go. I've put a couple hundred rounds of 123gr. Wolf through it and it's worked fine so far.

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    That is slick. How do you like the Manticore?

Love it. This thing was designed to be a "fun gun", the Nightbrake definitely helps deliver. The recoil is about the same as my AR with the A2 birdcage, but the blast and concussion is like you're touching off one of the comped Smith .500s, it's impossible to put a mag through this thing an not have an ear to ear grin on your face at the end.

Site Supporter
    I had be watching this thread with a sense of detached bemusement, I thought the whole Sig Brace thing was kind of a silly, yet effective thumb in the eye of the NFA and watched this thread just for all of the pictures of neat guns. Then I went to a local shop that had built one like LL's with the BCM key mod rail. Last night I ordered my pistol lower and priced out the BCM upper. The AR pistol with Sig Brace reminds me very of much of my favorite rifle ever, a 16 inch .357 Mag Winchester 94 trapper. If anyone else is looking to build one, Palmetto State is running a complete pistol lower for $129. I don't have any experience with their lowers but I liked the upper I had from them. Once I get it, I will let you know what I think of it. While I thank you all for the ideas and input from this thread, my credit card and bank account aren't very happy right now.

I went the saddle stock route

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  64.2 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  64.2 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  35.6 KB

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justintime View Post
    I went the saddle stock route
    What factors/features/considerations led you to that choice?
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Yeah, I just got sucked into doing an AR pistol build as well. I already bought the upper, a BCM 11.5" w/ 10" KMR, and included BCG. I am still in the process of building the lower but I am going to go with a Phase 5 buffer tube assembly instead of the Sig brace. Like mentioned earlier in the thread, BCM has recently come out with their pistol receiver extensions, and per their FB page, pistol builds are coming next month, which I read as complete pistol lowers.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Produ...=BCM-Pistol-RE

User Tag List