Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG SB15 brace build thread

Quote Originally Posted by justintime View Post
    After all of this I have my upper and now I can't decide if I want to go with the sig brace or the acc saddle. Does anyone know if the acc saddle will fit with the law folder?
    Do you mean the CAA saddle?
    #RESIST

Yep that one. I have seen it with some kind of cap so it fits the buffer.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    When used 'improperly' as a shoulder stock, the SB15 offers significantly more surface area for mounting than the CAA saddle.

What appeals to you about the CAA? Or maybe to phrase it a different way, what do you think it offers that the SB15 doesn't? Not asking a trick question: I'm genuinely curious if there's something I'm overlooking about the CAA.

Looking at customer photos of how people traditionally use it, I'm having a hard time imagining how it would maintain stability on a buffer tube without an actual shoulder stock:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-me...mg_see_all_txt
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

I am thinking something like an X400 U with green laser would be an awesome light/back-up sighting system on an AAC 9 inch .BLK upper. Think mounted at 12 o'clock on the rail, it would fit under a T1 in a Larue mount?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Trying to resist....
    http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/stor...id_product=117

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    I had asked Sionics about configuring a pistol for me and they seemed ok with that. I currently have one of their patrol rifles which I've been thrilled with.

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    also looking to start piecing one of these together, any feedback on aero precision blemished lowers? seem to be the cheapest at 55 bux
    Palmetto State Armory is having a 4th of July sale. Stripped lowers are $49.99 with free shipping. That's better than the Aero deal. With that said, I ordered my Aero blems before I found out about the PSA deal. Would have went that way just to save some extra $. The Aero blems seem to be high quality and the fit to my DD upper is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Here's what my pistol build sheet looks like as of now....

*Mega stripped lower receiver

*Colt lower parts except for B.A.D ambi safety, B.A.D. take down pins and an ALG trigger

*BCM M4 upper receiver

*Noveske or Rainier Arms 8.2" barrel

*Noveske 9" NSR handguard

*Noveske .30cal KX5 *whenever available **hopefully before my build is complete

*Noveske marked/RCA bolt carrier group

*Rainier Raptor charging handle

*Sig SB-15 brace

*KAK Sig brace buffer tube

*Sprinco blue buffer spring

*H2 buffer

*LAW Tactical Gen2 folding stock adapter ***ONLY If it will function properly with my build
    I'd consider a Sprinco White and a BCM BCG unless you just want a Noveske/RCA to match the rest of your Noveske stuff. Cause a BCM BCG is like $50 less than a Noveske/RCA and meets mil-spec in all regards.

I say Sprinco White because I'm not sure if a Sprinco Blue/H2 will be too much for a .300BLK pistol. If you have another carbine, test bolt lockback with a regular carbine spring and a H2. If it locks back with no issues then you could probably run a Sprinco Blue.

Everytime I see a gun with this sig brace on it, I am sorely tempted to set something up for it...

I started to zero my 300blk sb 15 thing. I love it. I think the noise and concussion out of 9 inch blackout are less annoying than out of 16 inch 5.56. This thing is my favorite AR.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I started to zero my 300blk sb 15 thing. I love it. I think the noise and concussion out of 9 inch blackout are less annoying than out of 16 inch 5.56. This thing is my favorite AR.
    Got a little chrono action today with my 10.5" Noveske
    Barnes TAC-TX avg 2190fps
    Remington 125 OTM avg 2100fps
    Remington 220 subs avg 990fps
    Ozark 147 reloads avg 1740fps
    Pittsburgh, PA host for www.aliastraining.com , and www.shivworks.com

www.anti-fragile.net

User Tag List