Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Vierling Gun

Site Supporter

A Vierling Gun

I found this on facebook. I don't know how practical it is, but I think it's beautiful.

http://roughkutoutdoors.com/check-vierling-gun/
    http://www.hoferwaffen.com/hofer_5.php?lang=en
    A Vierling Gun.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    To paraphrase Jeff Cooper, I don't know that I'd buy one even if I had the money, but it's nice to live in a world where such things exist.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    I was knocking around the site, trying to get an idea of what one would cost. (Purely an academic interest I assure you.) I couldn't find a price. I guess if you have to ask, you can't afford it.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    As to the practicality aspect, that's made for hunting parties a la Continental noble style.

You and all your von-this and zu-that buddies would sit in a stand as the gamekeepers beat the forest driving all the critters in your direction. With a drilling, or a vierling like that gun, it doesn't matter if what comes past you is a deer, boar, fox, squirrel, or pheasant, you've got a barrel loaded with something appropriate.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Name:  YqAkId1.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  16.9 KB

In all seriousness, that looks awesome.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sheep Have Wool

Very traditional style of jagdwaffen for nobility. To me, even more cool than those guns are the custom shops that make them. More than custom shops, actually.....entire villages. This family has made stocks for 400 years, that family has made barrels for 400 years, this other family does the metal engraving, so on and so on. There are villages that have known nothing but arms crafting for hundreds of years as the way for their town to thrive.

Check out Ferlach in Austria, and the jagdwaffen they produce. Its a real life version of keebler elves, but they make guns instead of cookies.

As for prices, consider the type of people who buy these sorts of weapons own castles and concubines. Standard pricing is $10k-$25k for a plebians version. Ive seen examples produced for Saudi princes that could buy you a lake house in Maine.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I must confess a strange weakness for a good, tastefully engraved drilling.

The craftsmanship required to regulate that thing is worth pondering.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I found this on facebook. I don't know how practical it is, but I think it's beautiful.
    It would be really practical in a country where law--not wealth--limits the number of weapons you can own. That one is an 8x57R double rifle, which is about like a 30/06, so it will drop anything in Europe and most of the rest of the world. It's also a 20-gauge shotgun and a 22 Hornet, so it covers a lot of bases. Add a true heavy rifle and a .22 LR and you can hunt the world.

Plus, it's gorgeous.

Okie John

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    To paraphrase Jeff Cooper, I don't know that I'd buy one even if I had the money, but it's nice to live in a world where such things exist.
    Maybe it's the German blood in me, but I do love drillings and the sort.

User Tag List