Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VP9 & NDs/Liability.

a gun that hasn't been released for sale as of yet can't be described as immensely popular. Other than that, you're trying to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Does it look like she has some good snap to her? Or is that operator induced muzzle rise?
    Wonder if it was a +P load or 147gr JHP

I would love to know which pistol had less recoil? The P30 or VP9. VP9 Impulse 2.6

If the P30 has less recoil then there's no way I would by the VP9 .

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    What about his YouTube skills? He's got 200K+ subscribers and over 48M views.
    Those are impressive. YouTube is an interesting place for the gun space - there is a really entrenched community there that's been making videos for a long time, guys like Nutnfancy and Sooch. It's only been fairly recently that's there's been an influx of fresh blood to YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Those are impressive. YouTube is an interesting place for the gun space - there is a really entrenched community there that's been making videos for a long time, guys like Nutnfancy and Sooch. It's only been fairly recently that's there's been an influx of fresh blood to YouTube.
    They have quite an influence, too. I've overheard references to some of those guys at gun shops (mostly hickok45). I don't hear blogs and forums mentioned like that. Sootch is a hack. A video version of gunblast.

To the original point, I don't see HK being especially vulnerable to lawsuits with the VP9.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    To the original point, I don't see HK being especially vulnerable to lawsuits with the VP9.
    Really? What other pistol (that isn't marketed as competition only) has a similarly light and short trigger without a thumb safety? I haven't actually played with a VP9 yet, but the only trigger that seems similar based on the descriptions and videos is the Apex FSS, which most people consider a competition only part unless used with a thumb safety M&P. Rightly or wrongly, the standard in negligence and products liability cases usually comes down to what the industry standard is for the product. Departing from the standard makes a plaintiff attorney's job easier.

Not having fired one yet either, there may be a subjective element to the trigger. But objective specs from factory indicate essentially the exact same pull weight as the Glock (and what a tuned Apex duty trigger for the M&P is supposed to spec out in most cases). All are essentially 5.5 lbs or so. And while the folks at MSW have documented heavier variability, the fact that a trigger performs to specific weight, with a given amount of takeup / pre-travel (that can be compared to others in a similar range across the industry) does not appear to deviate from industry best practice intended to avoid the "hair trigger" problem (or unfounded accusations of same).

Whether I would personally be comfortable carry for AIWB is a different story, but the threshold there is more conservative to avoid some classes of trigger manipulation errors leading to accidental discharge than is perhaps needed for duty holster carry (where obstructed holster issues can be managed through different tradeoffs of risk versus application).

Is be hesitant to Appendix carry ANY pistol without a hammer.

True, you're not constantly unholstering and reholstering AND you SHOULD practice it because under stress induced by a fight that you didn't start it's a potential nightmare.

I've been "spoiled" by LEM. I cannot shoot it as well as a striker fired gun but it's much more forgiving (in this real world we all trip and stumble through).

That said I shall own a VP9 but I'm in no hurry. I think it's awesome but I no longer purchase out of "want"; there has to be a "need".

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

Finger straight, look when you re-holster, and do so slowly, and you'll be fine.

I think the issue is people don't trust their own abilities. Get to the point where you can.

I'm still waiting for my PPQ to shoot me on its own. So far, I'm good. I wouldn't worry about this one either, though it's a personally a moot point since I won't be buying one.

We're all dumber.
    _________In celebration of Ramadan, I'll be eating Pork all month. You're Welcome._______________________

User Tag List