Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What Go-To Gun/Guns do you keep close when you sleep?

HK45 in LEM with X300 ultra. Fully loaded with 230 grain golden saber plus one spare mag. There is also a pelican light next to my alarm clock and my iPhone sitting on a charger.

Gen 4 Glock 17 with AAC TiRants suppressor and X300 170 lumen light with DG switch loaded with HST 147 in a go bag next to the bed. SBR with AAC Mini 4 and. 870 in hall closet. 870 cruiser ready SBR condition 3.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Beretta 92 Compact with X300 Ultra 18+1 Federal 147g HST and a Klarus XT1C. AR is condition 3 in closet.

Glock 34 with Surefire x300 light, Trijicon HD sights, Speer GD 124 gr +P in a lock box with an extra mag.
    In a drawer adjacent to it I have a cobra belt with a kydex holster, mag holder and a Surefire handheld ready (I don't sleep with my usual CCW belt/holster/gear on).

Paul, your avatar pic doesn't look anything like I imagined from your name.

I usually just take my EDC gun (Glock 17) and use it for "bedside duty". If I'm at home I also have either a shotgun (either a 14" rem 870 or 14" Saiga) or a rifle of some type like SBR AR , SBR AK, or SIG 556P (I know..it is a "pistol" but we know it is really an SBR with a really short stock) . Lately the bedside long gun has mostly been the 556P.

If I'm "vacation travelling" then the choice is dependent upon whether I'm in my state or not. If it is in my state I take the SBR or Saiga and if not in my state it is the SIG 556P since it is a "pistol" and legal to take anywhere a pistol is legal....UNLESS I'm "work travelling" to a rifle class I'm teaching then it will be whatever rifle I'm using for the class. When in Prescott one time teaching an SMG class the "bedside gun" was an UZI SMG.....

Ammo is CCI Gold DOt 124+p for the Glock and Hornady 55gr Vmax for 5.56 and Hornady 123 gr SST for 7.62x39. Usually have 17rd +1 in the glock with spare mag on belt in my pants on the floor and 2 rifle mags (with magpul connector) in the AR SBR or the Sig556P. If it is the AK SBR it is 1 40rd mag in the gun. I don't often visit Iraq so that is likely PLENTY of ammo to solve any likely problem....
    Last edited by Randy Harris; 06-16-2014 at 01:29 PM.

I sleep in too many different places -- whatever I am wearing when I go to sleep. It stays in the holster on my pants. Long guns vary by locale.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Whatever gun I have been carrying that day ends up on the nightstand. I always figure, "If I trusted my life during the day to it, I trust my life at night with it." Lately, that's a Kahr CW9 with 124-grain HSTs. Always on the nightstand - Streamlight TL-2 LED, two spare mags/speedloaders, and a knife of some type. In the safe (6 feet away, door open) ready to go is the 12-gauge pump (an old Howa 3000) loaded with Federal or Hornady low-recoil 00 buck (with the flitecontrol/versatite wad).

For funsies I once used a Colt 1851 Navy with an attached shoulder stock as my bedside gun for about 6 months. I was shooting a lot of blackpowder then and thought it would be fun. Then I started thinking about how practical a percussion fired blackpowder handgun was, when 9mm ammo was relatively cheap. So, I sold it and bought 9mm ammo. I have thought about buying another 1851, shoulder stock, and a .38 Long Colt conversion cylinder and loading it with soft lead wadcutters, but the weird NFA gray area that falls in keeps scaring me off the idea.

-Rob

There are a pair of M&P9's, each with an Inforce APL mounted on them. One on each side of the bed, in a His/Hers fashion. They are set up with the medium grips that my wife prefers when shooting. I prefer the large, but can shoot well enough with the medium. Ammunition is the same as my duty round, Winchester Ranger 147 gr T series. There are also half held lights in the bedroom, as well as our cell phones to call 911.

If awaken in the middle of the night, I may or may not trip over the guard puppy who sleeps next to my bed. He's a 7 yr old Rottweiler who would give some advanced notice of something being amiss.

I think home security should be a layered approach. Having some advanced warning is important. Dogs are great for this. Especially the little "Yapper" type of dogs.

My daily off-duty carry gun is not factored into the mix. I want the bedroom guns to be there, even if I'm away.

There may also be something stashed in the kitchen located on the first floor of the house...

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Paul, your avatar pic doesn't look anything like I imagined from your name.
    You are right. I would never have my finger on the trigger while off target.

User Tag List