Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: What Go-To Gun/Guns do you keep close when you sleep?

16 pages,and no love for the Glock 30! What up with that?
    Guess I better add one:
    Glock 30 Gen 4/230 grain HSTs or GDs(G21 mag).
    12 gauge H&R Pardner Pump Protector/mag load of Federal 127 00buck.

I like my HK45 with a light on it for the pistol. Other than that, I have a AR condition 3 on standby with my oh shit kit(plate carrier/belt and more loaded mags) on standby just in case. You know, if the bump is really a boom. I did have a Glock 19 on standby for a bit, and the MK25 for about 2 months just to test it out. But the HK45 is made for me, and is the easiest "no extra thought needed" tool to employ in my arsenal.
    Last edited by navyman8903; 08-17-2015 at 10:26 PM.

Smith Model 28 in nightstand with hollowpoints. One speedloader for backup.

Sig P320C Compact 9mm.
    US Navy Veteran
    1961-1965

My nightstand gun is my carry gun... an H&K VP9 with Trijicon HDs and an Inforce APL. I also have a Remington VersaMax Tactical shotgun but I am not yet comfortable enough with it to consider it for home defense.

My wife's is a Walther CCP with a Streamlight TLR-3 - not MY first choice but not my gun, either. Hers has proved reliable thus far - just wish we could put Trijicon HDs on it.

The kids still at home are all college-age and know to respect guns but we still choose to keep our guns locked up at night in bedside safes. I really don't feel comfortable with guns I am responsible for that are outside my direct control and not locked up ;-0
    "A man's character is his fate."

Glock 19/X300 combo with a few mags (10rd limit here) in a Crossfire bag. Extra light and a cheap knife in there. J frame close by too.

Rossi .38 in the bedroom, M19 2-1/2" in the living room. LC9 in the PU, 642 in the car.
    One or the other on me at any time. I have a new lightweight Commander that will soon enter the bunch.

Site Supporter
    Whatever I carried that day usually ends up on the floor next to my side of the bed. Empty nesters here so this is usually GTG. Usually my old issue Glock 22 G3 from 1998 loaded with fresh Winchester 180 grain Ranger T duty loads.
    Bride has a S&W M10 4" standard barrel square butt in the dresser on her side of the room loaded with 1980's vintage leftover 158 grain LHP duty loads from early in my career. I have about a hundred of these left and test fire a cylinderful in her revolver once a year. I have been searching locally for fifty round boxes of the Speer 135 grain GD load, but no success.
    Mossberg 590A1 with Surefire light, Vang Comp barrel porting, and speed feed stock with four rounds of duty Ranger 00 buckshot in the stock compartments. This usually stays in the bedroom closet.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Completely agree. And the fight tends to start once you get the 1st cuff on.
    Yep. Ask me how I know...

In the house I carry a Beretta Nano. I mostly wear gym shorts and such now in the house due to a lot of house work.

I thought about moving to the Glock 43 but my two Nanos i own and I really need to get out of the gun of the month club.

User Tag List