Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What Go-To Gun/Guns do you keep close when you sleep?

What Go-To Gun/Guns do you keep close when you sleep?

Pistols, Shotguns, Caliber, JHPs, how many magazines, Magazine in/out, Chambered?

I assume, perhaps wrongly, you don't keep this firearm in a safe while in dreamyland yet physically present. Too much time wasted trying to get it.

With kids, I assume it's not left just hanging out next to your reading glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Pistols, Shotguns, Caliber, JHPs, how many magazines, Magazine in/out, Chambered?

I assume, perhaps wrongly, you don't keep this firearm in a safe while in dreamyland yet physically present. Too much time wasted trying to get it.

With kids, I assume it's not left just hanging out next to your reading glasses.
    Night stand has a mp 9c with a 17 rd mag full of 124 gr +p gold dots in a JM aiwb ready to go for either carry or home stuff. Relatively close by is a AK with a aimpoint h1, surefire g2, and twenty rounds of 123 gr 7.62x39

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post

My holstered EDC Glock 17 Gen 4, loaded with 16 rounds of 124 grain +P GDHP, spare mag of 16 next in mag pouch and Surefire handheld, all on my nightstand. I live in a condo and have no pets /kids. This weapon is always hot unless I'm performing maintenance on it.

Remngton 1100 with hi-brass #6. M&P 45 with 230 GoldDots and a 14 round magazine reload. M&P 9 with 124 GoldDots and a reload. 2 streamlight flashlights. All guns are loaded.

Wife, 4 kids, and 2 dogs in the house. 3 dogs in back yard.

I guess I should of added my two German shepherds

Usually a Smith 29 or Ruger SA 45 next to the bed, and a rifle against the wall between the bed and table. Lately a Winchester model 71, other times a Browning 1886 carbine.

When I was nomading around, I slept with a gun under the pillow, or at times, in my hand. I was mostly sleeping on the ground under the stars. I did get tired of waking up in the morning and finding a 1911 cocked and unlocked, and pointing in my direction. It happened maybe 6-8 times before I gave up on that idea. I mostly stopped carrying them, revolvers were more generally useful for what I was doing anyway. Never a problem with a revolver, either Smith DA or Ruger or Colt SA.

Have alarm dog also, and totally fenced yard. When the door is secured, it isn't possible to open it from outside without breaking it down, which should cause enough noise to wake up and respond.

I think the folks from Architectural Digest should be heading over to your place. That is truly an awesome photo, Malmute.

Wife keeps her M&P + X300 with a single mag on her side. Condition 3.

Ruger Vaquero .357 with handheld on my night stand. First turn is onto empty chamber.

.300 BLK tucked between bed and night stand and bed. Condition 3.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I think the folks from Architectural Digest should be heading over to your place. That is truly an awesome photo, Malmute.
    Yes indeed.

I was never a Detective, but my natural sleuthing skills have deduced a theory behind Malamute's username.

I'll add mine,

Glock 19, 15 rd mag, Hydra Shoks, Smith Wesson, .357.

User Tag List