Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It's official, 9MM under $10 a box.

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post

Based on current commodity prices new ammo should be at the 2007-2008 levels which is $200 a case for 9mm brass case from volume retailers like Wal-mart and online ammo businesses. The fact that Wal-mart is dropping their prices is a good sign.
    I agree, if they're lowering prices, its a good sign.

I was buying 9mm WWB 100's for $11.88/box in '06. Today they are about $26, with Federal econo 100's going about $2 less. The $200/case sounds a bit high for that period ('07).

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I was buying 9mm WWB 100's for $11.88/box in '06. Today they are about $26, with Federal econo 100's going about $2 less. The $200/case sounds a bit high for that period ('07).
    Taxes. In late 2007 the out the door cost at Wal-mart was around $200 a case, and online dealers were about the same when you factored in shipping.

Taxes?

That's a huge increase in one year, from $118.80/1000 to $200/1000. I only recall them going up a buck or two at a time for several years. They are only $260-something/1000 now.

Tax is 4% here.
    Last edited by Malamute; 06-14-2014 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Taxes?

That's a huge increase in one year, from $118.80/1000 to $200/1000. They are only $260-something/1000 now.

Tax is 4% here.
    We saw almost quarterly price increases through 2006 to 2008. It is around mid 6% in Florida (where I was living at the time and will be again soon).

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the long fabled "ammo bubble bust" is here. I went into the drought a few years back with somewhat healthy levels and that combined with a toddler and newborn taking up all my shooting time has allowed me to weather the drought without suffering the news to buy $15+ boxes of 9mm. That said if we ever do see the good old days of 6.99 boxes of WWB - ill be stacking the crates in every spare inch of the garage.

one day, I want to order one of those, just to do it.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post

Honestly if you are shooting that much you are better off buying a used Camdex loader, and Camdex Brass machine.

The current normal price we sell UMC 100 round 9mm is $27.99 which is not horrible, but I prefer better ammo. In 2007 I was still paying only $9.99/100 for WWB 9MM.

I was referring specifically to brass, steel free ammo when I made my comment. Cheap steel has been available at these prices for a while. Very limited places where it's acceptable to shoot it.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    How long you been in the biz, just out of curiosity?
    About a year. Jack Ross keeps me informed on what's going on in the business, and I do my own research. I sell about 150,000 rounds a month and growing. I expect to double that in 3-4 months. Then, next year half million a month.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post

You would never stack ammo this high for normal shipping. The weight would crush the wood pallet. In fact even at 2200 lbs, I have seen it crushed. We usually double stack the pallets just in case. We usually stack them a maximum of 4 layers high, and even then not all 45cal. Also, if you put that much weight on a pallet, the per square foot weight causes you to get bumped to a higher class of service which equals more money. The best way to ship ammo like this is 2000 lbs per pallet, using a 42 inch pallet. You can fit about 24 of those on a full sized truck, for a total of about 48,000 pounds. That will provide the best price per case of shipping. That is about 1.4M rounds of 9mm.
    Cody

User Tag List