Thread: P30 barrel bulge

Site Supporter

P30 barrel bulge

Anyone ever heard of an HK barrel bulging in the middle? Muzzle and chamber ends measure .447" roughly the middle is roughly .452". (I say roughly because we don't have cool guy measuring tools)

Did someone fire a squib load through it?

Don't they use cannon steel for their barrels?

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    Anyone ever heard of an HK barrel bulging in the middle? Muzzle and chamber ends measure .447" roughly the middle is roughly .452". (I say roughly because we don't have cool guy measuring tools)
    How are you measuring down to .001 inch without cool measuring tools?? You're talking about resolving a .005 differential.

Realistically, they aren't supposed to bulge. Will put a micrometer on mine when I get home and see how it measures along the lengths.

Site Supporter
    I don't think it was squibed. I was at the range with him and was loading mags at the time and everything sounded normal.

Site Supporter
    Measured with calipers. Micrometers etc. Were not available when the barrel was available. I only said that because I have read a few post from Bill Riehl my tools are like drawing prints with crayon by comparison.

User Tag List