Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Miculek on Vests, concealment and open carry

Jerry Miculek on Vests, concealment and open carry

No other than the great Jerry Miculek thinks vests are just fine. A vest is an important concealment option. Making fun of vests is like making fun of holsters. Sure, you can carry without a holster, but should you? Sure, you can carry without concealment, but should you?

Enough already making fun of vests. Perhaps the USPSA guys are just jealous?

Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    Perhaps the USPSA guys are just jealous?
    I occasionally make fun of vests and I don't shoot USPSA. I do shoot IDPA and KSTG.

What I dislike more than vests is constantly being nudged on how I should or shouldn't view a game.

If your thinking like a northface vest? Ok. Other than that I'll probably see it and laugh.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Cody,

You seem to have become quite addicted to IDPA vs USPSA arguments.

When other people start the argument, in-between your own points, you complain and ask them to stop.

But I guess turnabout is fair play when you initiate the offensive?

You've also started threads asking people to be aware of the image they present, and how it will impact fellow gun-owners. I would politely suggest that you heed your own advice and consider how these petty arguments are reflecting on your brethren in IDPA.

I've never participated in IDPA or USPSA, so I have no dog in the fight. I'm dead serious, however, when I say that your behavior on these forums makes me less interested in IDPA, not more. I try not to let your conduct taint my perception of the sport as a whole, but it's hard when you make yourself such a loud "advocate."
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Really??

Did you watch the video? Jerry throws the vest on to show an option, but admits that he drops a gun in his pocket.

Look, we get it - you like wearing fishing vests and shooting IDPA, rock on dude - you're free to do whatever you want but quit trying to shove it down everybody's throat.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    I say that your behavior on these forums makes me less interested in IDPA, not more.
    If we're being honest, Cody, you're starting to look like a paid shill for IDPA. I say that without malicious intent, and I know I'm not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    If we're being honest, Cody, you're starting to look like a paid shill for IDPA. I say that without malicious intent, and I know I'm not alone.
    Ya, right there with ya JV.

Vests are interesting... No one really wears them around here and if they do they're fleece and it's the fall. No photographers that I know wear them and very few fisherman do, if they do it is generally with a fishing pole in hand. The "concealment vest" to me is nothing more than the equivalent of covering an erection with a magazine, we all know what's underneath, we just won't talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Been thinking this for some time now.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    Making fun of vests is like making fun of holsters. Sure, you can carry without a holster, but should you? Sure, you can carry without concealment, but should you?
    This analogy is, to be kind, complete nonsense. A holster is a necessary piece of equipment for carrying a pistol. There are many methods of concealment other than a fishing vest, and some of them don't even make the wearer look like a dork.

Enough already making fun of vests. Perhaps the USPSA guys are just jealous?
    No. Just no.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

I admit I only watched the 2:00-5:00 portion of the video.

I saw it more as a subtle hint as the advantage of concealment (vs. open carry) rather than a ringing endorsement of wearing an IDPA vest. Either way, even with my admiration of Jerry M., if he were to say "the vest is the best and $%^& the rest", I would not necessarily purchase one. I also wouldn't buy an XDM because of Rob Leatham or a Tanfoglio Stock II because of Ben Stoeger.

I don't mind debating/arguing/discussing USPSA vs. IDPA, in the appropriate thread of course, however you appear as though you are emotionally invested in one sport over the other. Although it's your life and your choice, I would in the great words of the great John Rambo from the great First Blood, "let it go..."
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List