Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ P-01

CZ P-01

I purchased this NIB CZ P-01 last week. It is my first CZ. I have added a set of VZ Black Cherry Frag grips.

Very nice!

Have you had the chance to hit the range yet?

I added a set of the VZ Frags to my PCR (pretty much same gun, but no rail) and it carries so well it's ridiculous.

Site Supporter
    Nice, interested in your impressions once you have some rounds through it. That gun is on my short list.

Got out to the outdoor range yesterday since the grass was too wet to mow and rain is in the forecast for the weekend. All I really need to say is WOW!
    Now I think I know what all the excitement over CZ's is all about. I went through 150 rounds without a single hic-cup...Absolutely flawless. I had a variety of 115gr., 124gr., and 147gr. rounds. It seemed to be most accurate with the 124gr., but I'm sure it was just me. The 20 rounds of Federal 124gr. HST also performed flawlessly. The HST will be the round I carry. The P-01 shoots where you aim it,feels like an extension of your hand and is as fun as it gets to shoot. ...Recoil was minimal...I can't wait to get back there again..

You might consider some Wolff +5% springs to replace the OEM magazine springs:

http://www.gunsprings.com/Semi-Auto%...ID16/dID91#842
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

GJM,

Necessary or for insurance? Only for the compact or for the full size CZ's as well?
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    GJM,

Necessary or for insurance? Only for the compact or for the full size CZ's as well?
    I believe they improve reliability with OEM mags in Compact and the full size.

Does the front sight on your P-01 look significantly shorter than the rear? I ask because I had a POA/POI issue with the P-09 (the related thread is in here somewhere) and ended up selling it when CZ couldn't fix the problem. The SP-01 I picked up yesterday looks like it could be shooting high too, with the same sight height discrepancy. Here's hoping I just don't get the way guns work instead.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dave View Post
    Does the front sight on your P-01 look significantly shorter than the rear? I ask because I had a POA/POI issue with the P-09 (the related thread is in here somewhere) and ended up selling it when CZ couldn't fix the problem. The SP-01 I picked up yesterday looks like it could be shooting high too, with the same sight height discrepancy. Here's hoping I just don't get the way guns work instead.
    If POI is off, CZ Custom sells a variety of front sight heights to get POI where you want it to be.

User Tag List