Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The best $676 I ever spent (WC modified Beretta)

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Very cool! His son's unit switching to 1911s is a head scratcher.
    I thought the same thing.

It seems like the holster makers that make holsters for it, don't make the holsters I really want. It's gonna be a game gun, so I only need one good holster that's production and IDPA legal. And IDPA legal is not really important. Since I shoot that very rarely.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Could be a Marine, though the 1911 toting USMC community is pretty small, consisting of MARSOC, Force Reconnaissance and SRTs. The SRTs went from the 92A1 to the Colt M45.
    I first thought MARSOC would be the most likely candidate on the surface . . . except that Pat Rogers (strongly inferring in a thread) and another LF moderator that communicated directly with me (he was involved with MARSOC from the industry side providing them equipment) made it pretty clear on a M45 thread that those guys really didn't want a 1911; they already had the pistol they wanted (G19) and would continue to use that OCONUS. He told me it has not been a secret, it was listed in their equipment Power Point preso's in unclassified industry meetings. IIRC that info was specifically MARSOC.

But they can't just sit so maybe one of those other units. Or it's all changed since they bought the M45s anyway. [shrug]

But, who wouldn't want the Wilson Combat 1911 anyway.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Take a hard look at the Wilson Tactical Assault holster. Price is right and very good quality. Love mine and waiting until the lefty 1911 models are back in stock.

I have one of the wilson tactical assault holsters (horrible name) for my 92a1. Got it to the range last week and it is breaking in nicely. At first it's a bit snug (as you draw it can pull your pants up with it) but as you shoot and the gun heats up it seems to break the felt on the inside in well. Would be a great IDPA gun.

Also, it reference to the stock trigger, I thought it was polymer "coated" steel, not just all polymer. Additionally is the actual trigger itself involved in an action job? I kinda figured that would involve the hammer, sear, trigger bar, FPB vs the trigger itself.

I have a full boat Wilson modified 92A1 in the works, and will do a thread when I receive it. G conversion, big dehorn, Black/green refinish and a bunch more mods.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    Also, it reference to the stock trigger, I thought it was polymer "coated" steel, not just all polymer. Additionally is the actual trigger itself involved in an action job? I kinda figured that would involve the hammer, sear, trigger bar, FPB vs the trigger itself.
    Correct. It's a stamped steel trigger covered in polymer to replicate the original dimensions

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have a full boat Wilson modified 92A1 in the works, and will do a thread when I receive it. G conversion, big dehorn, Black/green refinish and a bunch more mods.
    That sounds very cool. I'm looking forward to your report.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Funny how we all come to the same conclusions. I just sent mine off.
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

Here is more or less what they are doing on my 92A1.

Install Trijicon HD sights
    Aggressive dehorn of upper and lower, focusing especially on the decocker lever and beavertail
    Install WX extended, squarish, checkered mag release
    G conversion
    Wilson mod to OEM hammer, D spring
    Install latest version TRS
    Trigger job
    Aggressive bevel of mag well
    Checker frame
    Wilson grips
    Crown muzzle
    Armor Tuff green lower, black upper
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List