Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The best $676 I ever spent (WC modified Beretta)

The best $676 I ever spent (WC modified Beretta)

After I got it, I emailed the guy and asked him the back story of this pistol. He told me he bought it for his son to shoot in IDPA. His son is in the service and was issued a 92 so he wanted a similar pistol for his boy. He sent a new 92A1 to Wilson Combat for some mods. By the time it came back, his sons unit switched to 1911s. So he sold the 92A1 at his initial cost. And bought a WC 1911 for his son. My gain.

WC low pro safety, trigger job, D spring, 5 mags, Elite hammer.

I am finding that holsters for this are gonna be a pain. Since it's only gonna be a game gun for now, I'm hoping a Safariland 578 I ordered will work. Otherwise, I'll have to keep looking.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Wilson Combat, Blade Tech and JM all have holsters for the 92A1. I ordered an OWB from BT yesterday.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Nice pick up.
    I have a soft spot for the 92/M9.
    I have always shot them well, and while I have my issues with them, they are wholly capable (and accurate) pistols.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

K Rounds (ex-BladeTech folks) will probably make one for you. http://www.krounds.com/index.php

Nice find!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Excellent purchase.

One of my local gun stores has a 96A1 for around $700. It is very nice, but I'd prefer the 9MM version, and like you, it seems as if the holster makers haven't caught up to the A1 models quite yet. Since everybody (except me) seems to be fans of railed guns, I suspect the holster makers will catch up pretty soon.

I think $675 for a Wilson modified 92A1 is quite the bargain. Congratulations.

EDIT TO ADD: I realize there are holsters available for the A1 models, it's just the availability isn't as good as for a 1911, G17, or even the 92FS.

You definitely got a great deal for the price.

The Beretta isn't my daily carry gun. But I have a pair of 92fs' s is the safe. There's something about them that calls to me every so often.

Very cool! His son's unit switching to 1911s is a head scratcher.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

His son's unit switching to 1911s is a head scratcher.
    Agreed.

Given the mods and mags I think that's a decent price, but I do smell a bit of a story there. That looks like the stock polymer covered trigger. I don't know why Wilson would do a trigger job on a pistol and leave the polymer trigger in place. Dealing with the rougher bearing surfaces would be counter productive to achieving a nice trigger. The rest of the parts are easy to install by the end user. No need to send it to Wilson for those alone. Regardless, you buy the gun not the story and I'd be happy with it. Congrats.

Could be a Marine, though the 1911 toting USMC community is pretty small, consisting of MARSOC, Force Reconnaissance and SRTs. The SRTs went from the 92A1 to the Colt M45.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List