Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Courthouse attack: Deputy wounded, suspect down, 06/06/2014

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    Courthouse deputies get a lot of guff...but more than a couple in my neck of the woods gave their damnedest a few years ago...
    Tyler? If so this was somewhat like that.

This was a rifle armed gunman with body armor. Water and twist ties in his vehicle. Reported that he was a "Sovereign Citizen" member; whatever that entails. I'm not up on that entirely. He was due to court for sentencing on a drugs and weapons conviction.

These guys today really did the "Ride to the sound of the guns" thing today. Catch some of the video if you get the chance. No perimeter containment. End this shit right here; right now.
    Last edited by JHC; 06-06-2014 at 07:15 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I can't find another source to confirm this but the daily mail claims the shooter was a former TSA member.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-grenade.html
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Reported that he was a "Sovereign Citizen" member; whatever that entails. I'm not up on that entirely.
    In short, people who claim no social contract whatsoever with the government and freedom to do damn well whatever they please, but anytime a cop farts cry bloody murder as a tyrannical infringement on their constitutional rights (which they apparently claim is invalid and nonapplicable to them at the same time....).

Every single one of my cop buddies is familiar with the Sovereign Citizens, and regard them as cop killers and domestic terrorists. This is including some pretty "'Murica! Pass the guns and ammo!" type cops, mind you.

A video demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfVbiefMdNU

PS: I have a man-crush on P Barnes for his zen like demeanor with mouth-breathers like this. That really is a trait that only cops seem to be able to develop.
    Last edited by TGS; 06-06-2014 at 11:45 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Ya'll Qaeda strikes again.

This is an important video about an incident with a couple of "Sovreign citizens".

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kc4VTx5ecv0

There seem to be more and more of these people popping up.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Ya'll Qaeda strikes again.
    AWESOME! Consider yourself plagiarized!

News followup says the shooter was not a sovereign.

Excellent work by all the Deputy's involved.

Good to see senior leadership promote training before an actual incident occurring within their jurisdiction. The training seemed to have been worth the time and expense it took to put it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Excellent work by all the Deputy's involved.

Good to see senior leadership promote training before an actual incident occurring within their jurisdiction. The training seemed to have been worth the time and expense it took to put it on.
    I live there/here. We have a lot of pretty "gunny" deputies I think based on knowing a few; shooting with some at local matches. One close friend was just recently pretty busy in some of that courthouse training AT that VERY courthouse. He and other deputies have Mil or contractor combat tours; one used to be pretty active on the forums has heavy experience with a very intense urban SWAT unit. And all I know are just great American citizens too.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

JHC,

Please pass along to them that one grumpy old Relief Sergeant from Ohio said, "Excellent Work". That incident could have gone really bad, really quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    JHC,

Please pass along to them that one grumpy old Relief Sergeant from Ohio said, "Excellent Work". That incident could have gone really bad, really quick.
    I bumped into two at a LGS today and laid it on thick. They were grateful.

User Tag List