Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Courthouse attack: Deputy wounded, suspect down, 06/06/2014

Courthouse attack: Deputy wounded, suspect down, 06/06/2014

Link.

The suspect who was scheduled for court this morning showed up with a gas mask, grenades, stop sticks, and weaponry. He was confronted by a 25-year veteran of the FCSO. The deputy was shot in the leg.

The FCSO SWAT was already assembled for something else and had a response time of 37 seconds. The suspect is DRT.

I have a pretty good idea as to who the deputy is but don't want to post his name at this time.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post

The FCSO SWAT was already assembled for something else and had a response time of 37 seconds. The suspect is DRT.
    Awesome!
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Great response time. Thoughts go out to the deputy.

Language warning!!

Video of shootout taken from a workplace next to the courthouse:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

WSB Radio just broadcasted Sheriff Piper's statement. He stated that as of just last year, their training has evolved to include active killer scenarios, including specifically court house scenarios. Deputy apparently was trained well, as he is being credited with stopping a vest wearing, grenade toting, rifle wielding madman who was due in court today. Good on him and good on his boss for providing that training.
    GeorgiaCarry.Org Life Member
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Good guys get to go home. Douchebag takes a dirt nap. Prayers for a full and quick recovery for the deputy. You JBTs be careful out there.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Language warning!!

Video of shootout taken from a workplace next to the courthouse:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
    Love the first comment: "DAD GUMM!"

My thoughts and prayers are with the deputy and his family, that he makes a full and complete recovery.

I'm so glad that the casualty list was not larger, that's excellent work by the responding LEO's.

I'm proud of our county's deputies. I am pretty sure I see Cumming PD officers advancing into the gunfight on tape as well. I just came in from dinner at a local eatery and everyone there was pumped about their courage and performance. We were looking for some of them to walk in; their money would be no good I promise you. But I'm sure most of them were still at work.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Courthouse deputies get a lot of guff...but more than a couple in my neck of the woods gave their damnedest a few years ago...

User Tag List