Thread: M&P Shield now available without single-sided thumb safety

M&P Shield now available without single-sided thumb safety

I had heard rumors about the possibility of this for a while, guess it might come true.

http://monderno.com/news/smith-wesso...-thumb-safety/

http://www.juliegolob.com/extra-extr...a-thumb-safety

I like having a safety on all my pistols even though I don't open carry.

While I would have preferred to buy the Shield without a safety, the safety is unobtrusive enough on my two current Shields that I won't bother switching.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    While I would have preferred to buy the Shield without a safety, the safety is unobtrusive enough on my two current Shields that I won't bother switching.
    Given all of the revisions that the fulls size M&P guns have seen I'm curious if this new shield has any tweaks.

Since both of mine are reliable, accurate and have decent triggers I'm not that worried about missing a "upgrade".
    In my experience S&W starts out strong and goes downhill from there...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

For me I've been looking at getting a second Shield. So buying one in the configuration I want will be a plus.

User Tag List