Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Now -- the golden age of semi-auto pistols

Golden age for training is unquestionably now; no kitten, no doubt. It's unreal what the average guy/gal can access for quality training, with a little diligence, these days.

That said, I hear you. You can lead a horse to a golden trough filled with Dom Perignon, but that doesn't mean it'll be bothered to drink.

I think it is the whole banana -- these days we have incredible choices in pistols, pistol accessories like sights and other parts, holsters, training, dry and live fire practice routines, defensive ammo, and forums devoted to discussing it all in incredible detail.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Let me know when there's a golden age for training.
    It's starting now. We'll see it flower when the wars end and a bunch of serious Tier I guys are looking for work because of RIF policies.

Okie John

Despite the golden age-ness, I'm seriously about to buy a few 5906s...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I know that feel bro. I see a Beretta 92FS compact at my local fun store and it's begging me to take it home. John McClane is telling me I should do it.

There may be a lot of current handgun choices available, but very few ones that are durable, rugged, and easily serviceable enough to be considered for duty/issue use--especially given the poor QC of recent years by formerly solid performing vendors.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    And yet Origami and I prefer our boring Glocks
    You wanna be the champ; you gotta beat the champ. Just sayin'
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    If you need any armorer work, or some of the obscure small parts..............

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Golden age for training is unquestionably now; no kitten, no doubt. It's unreal what the average guy/gal can access for quality training, with a little diligence, these days.

That said, I hear you. You can lead a horse to a golden trough filled with Dom Perignon, but that doesn't mean it'll be bothered to drink.
    Agree 100%. With some shooters, it boils down to an unwillingness to acknowledge that they need any sort of training, since they qualified expert in the Army back in '74. Others may not know where to begin their training journey, and this is where we can help steer them towards the more reputable trainers.

Here is a partial list of guns I would be happy to carry: Sig 229, Sig 226, Sig 220, Beretta 92 (various variants), PX4, CZ P07, P09, CZ75, SP01, P01, Glock 19/26/17/34/20/29, FNS9, Walther P99, PPQ, M&P9/.40/.45, HK P30/45/USP C. I suspect any of these choices would be as reliable and easy to maintain as the 1911 pistols I carried for years.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List