Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Now -- the golden age of semi-auto pistols

Now -- the golden age of semi-auto pistols

Just discussing this with Origami -- can't remember a time when there have been so many great semi-auto pistols available. Between new pistols like the HK striker, Walther models, the FNS, CZ P07/09, and the love bestowed on more legacy designs like the 1911, CZ 75 series, Sig P series and Beretta 92 pistols, it is just incredible how many high quality, accurate, reliable fun to shoot pistols there are out there now.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

And yet Origami and I prefer our boring Glocks

I think the accountability is there too with the internet and forums. Even with all the negatives about forums you still can't pass off junk for too long and the customer can pretty easily find what they want, if that product exists.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    And yet Origami and I prefer our boring Glocks
    Origami must have missed that memo. Only way I could get to him to stop blabbering about the new HK on the phone earlier, was to bring up his fav -- visual focus shift.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Origami must have missed that memo. Only way I could get to him to stop blabbering about the new HK on the phone earlier, was to bring up his fav -- visual focus shift.

Guess I'm out of the loop

Oh and I'd consider it the golden age when there wasn't some type of problem or qc issue with almost all the guns mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I think the accountability is there too with the internet and forums. Even with all the negatives about forums you still can't pass off junk for too long and the customer can pretty easily find what they want, if that product exists.
    Yet Kimber and Kel-Tec are still in business...

Wasn't there a thread on here not more than a year ago on the declining quality of service pistols?

For the most part I agree with you. Now if we could only have a golden age of blasting ammo...

I'm a little torn about this. I'm of the non-expert opinion that modern combat pistol designs were in their design hayday through the 70 and 80's and their execution hayday through the 90's and 2000's.

Given the recent QC issues with Sig, Glock, M&P etc, I'd almost rather buy an older model than buy something from the current golden age.

I don't see what any of the "modern" pistols offer in terms of improved shootability.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just discussing this with Origami -- can't remember a time when there have been so many great semi-auto pistols available. Between new pistols like the HK striker, Walther models, the FNS, CZ P07/09, and the love bestowed on more legacy designs like the 1911, CZ 75 series, Sig P series and Beretta 92 pistols, it is just incredible how many high quality, accurate, reliable fun to shoot pistols there are out there now.
    Let me know when there's a golden age for training. IMO, hardware isn't the problem. We have a real crisis of skill when a novice like myself looks like Rob Leatham compared to the usual range patron. :-(
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

User Tag List