Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Institutional Problems at the Dallas PD

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    In my experience, political correctness and fear of liability are major themes in modern law enforcement. I think both of those issues are taken to unnecessary extremes at times. I sometimes find it very entertaining when the 2 issues are present in the same situation. Before observing these situations first hand, I would have guessed that fear of liability would trump political correctness but the opposite has proven to be true.
    Deliberate Indifference Memo's make this situation fun. Want to make political correctness more important than liability and allowing for dangerous situations....great, you own it. You just have to know up front that when you fire that round up the chain, the muzzle blast and flash will bring return fire. Just be sure to have your armor on and willing to take the consequences.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

From an LEO acquaintance: he took over range officer duties from another officer that was married to a female detective. Said detective failed her next qual, as well as the next eleven attempts he was ordered to give her, and failed pretty miserably. Hubby was allowed to come and administer the qual, which she miraculously passed So not only do you have a cop that can't defend themselves or anyone else and my in fact be a danger to the public, but dude sent his own wife out on the street like that. It truly boggles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    At the risk of going OT, what do you do as a LEO when you end up next to a "Special Person" on assignment due to politics?

I had a hard enough time working with the military's breed of silliness, and I was in an office . Working a dangerous patrol next to someone I knew was only good at shooting the dirt in 7 yards wouldn't fill me with positive vibes, to say the least.

Most of the time those kind of folks don't show up on hot calls, so no worries. If they do, I have never been shy about giving them direction to go guard a corner several blocks away or whatever. Or ask for additional units.

User Tag List