Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Benelli M4 vs. Beretta 1301...

Sorry for late answer I don't own the M4 as now, Sold it long time ago, the stock work was done by a local gunsmith, he shortened it with a band saw, then inserted and epoxied a wood filler inside to hold the buttpad screws, then assembled everything. I remember that with the shortened stock and my shooting position I had no problems with the dot, much more with iron sights.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    I spoke with Benelli at the NRA Convention about the Length of Pull on their tactical and 3-Gun models. Italy doesn't get it...

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."
    I'm not aware of a great demand for short stocks in 3 gun. Most competitors I see are using full length stocks on both their shotgun and rifle.

Interesting observation.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I'm not aware of a great demand for short stocks in 3 gun. Most competitors I see are using full length stocks on both their shotgun and rifle.
    The Benelli stock is rather long, though, 14.25" LOP. Are you referring to these specific stocks, or just stocks in general?

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I'm not aware of a great demand for Benelli M4 shotguns in 3 gun. Most competitors I see are using Benelli M2, Beretta 1301 or Versamax shotguns
    FIFY
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    The Benelli stock is rather long, though, 14.25" LOP. Are you referring to these specific stocks, or just stocks in general?
    The M2 is still the most common shotgun I see. Almost everyone uses it with the factory comfortech stock, but some do shorten it a bit by going to the shorter recoil pad. 14.25 is a pretty common LOP, almost all of the factory shotguns GJM mentions are right around 14" from the factory.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    FIFY
    I still don't see a lot of 1301s. They didn't really do a much better job with their ready out-of-the box gun than Benelli. The 1301 still needs the same work as most factory shotguns. I think the 1301 is a great shotgun, it just isn't as ready to race as advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    FIFY
    Um, not really, at least not around here. The 1301 Comp has started making some slight inroads into 3-Gun, but seeing one is still an occasion for comment.

That said, the 1301 is significantly closer to being "ready to race out of the box" than any other shotgun I've seen. Specifically, it doesn't need to have the loading port opened up for fast quad-loading, and the shell latch doesn't need to be tuned to work with a long extension tube.

Combine this with the light weight and low recoil, and the 1301 has a lot of potential as a 3-gun rig. It's just not quite there yet.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

User Tag List