Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat making M&P barrels

Wilson Combat making M&P barrels

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

http://www.tactical-life.com/magazin...s/?scrape=true

Wilson Combat® Match-Grade Barrels are known for their unsurpassed quality and accuracy. Now you can have this superb accuracy without sending your pistol off to a master pistolsmith and waiting for months.

• Match-Grade – Superb Accuracy (2″ Or Less At 25 Yards With Good Ammo)
    • 1 in 16″ Twist
    • Fully Machined From 416R Stainless Steel
    • Heat-Treated To R/C 40 For Maximum Service Life
    • Critical Manufacturing Tolerances Are Held To Less Than .0005″ (One Half Thousandth Of An Inch!)
    • Glass Smooth Chamber And Perfectly Concentric With The Bore
    • In Our Barrel Test Fixture We Routinely Obtain ˝” At 25 Yard Groups
    • Detailed Final Inspection Prior To Receiving The Wilson Name On The Hood
    • Critical Lock-Up Contact Areas Cut To A Dimension That Provides A Good Lock-Up

Wilson Combat® Match-Grade Barrels are known for their unsurpassed quality and accuracy. Wilson Combat® match barrels are fully machined from aircraft grade stainless steel forgings and heat-treated to R/C 40 for maximum service life. Critical manufacturing tolerances are held to less than .0005″ (one half thousandth of an inch!). To give you phenomenal accuracy, extreme care has been taken to assure that the chamber is glass smooth and perfectly concentric with the bore. In our barrel test fixture we routinely obtain test groups of 1/2″ @ 25 yards; the accuracy is guaranteed to please YOU! Throughout the manufacturing process each barrel undergoes multiple quality-control checks, with a detailed final inspection prior to receiving the Wilson name. You can be sure that if your barrel bears the Wilson name, it’s the best there is!

Now you can have superb accuracy (2″ or less at 25 yds. with good ammo) without sending your pistol off to a master pistolsmith and waiting for months. Due to variations in pistol dimensions, installation in some pistols may require very minor material removal which most people can easily do themselves.

Compact model for $160 http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Match-Gr...oductinfo/687/

and Full Size threaded for $230: http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Match-Gr...oductinfo/688/
    If not me, then who?

That's all well and good but why threaded before a full size non-threaded barrel?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    I'm sure FS won't be long.

Site Supporter
    How about a 5" ?

What's the definition of good ammo?
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    What's the definition of good ammo?
    Just a guess...
    http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-C...partments/134/
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Why am I to believe this will be the barrel that fixes the issues when Storm Lake and KKM have been shown to not reliably fix the M&P despite being respected barrel makers. I have my own hunches, anyone care to share more here or elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    How about a 5" ?
    + 1 I think releasing the compact, which isn't reported to have the accuracy issue of the larger pistols, before the long slide is a big fail. USPSA shooters would be all over the 5" than your normal concealed carrier would be buying the compact.

Orionz06,
    I might have something to report, I need to talk to my contact and see if they are ready for a public reveal.

I have my suspicions....

Hm. I imagine Wilson would have access to a 'Langdon' barrel considering their recent Beretta partnership with Ernest...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List