Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Switching Duty Weapons

If you are considering striker fired and like HK then there is a long thread in the autoloaders section on the new SFA HK.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    P30 or P30L for sure. The gen 3 40s with WML would be the last thing I'd carry. Without a WML, sure. But not with.

If I could, I'd carry a P30 both on and off duty instead of my 229.

What Gen is your P229 and caliber?

I have 2 pistols HK P30S V3 9mm and a still in excellent shape a Gen 1 1998 P229 in 40S&W.

I favor my P229 for a few reasons.

But I would take a P30 or better yet P30L over the NIB P229R with -1 slide any day.

Next pistol will either be a Sig MK25 or HK P30L V3 9mm (either way the gen 1 P229 will be kept until it kabooms)

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I will also echo the recommendations for a 9mm Glock. With advances in cartridge/bullet technology, you'll get excellent terminal performance with a 9mm, coupled with easier to control recoil/muzzle flip, and greater on-board cartridge capacity (and slightly lighter weight).

I'd suggest you take a hard, objective and empirical look at a G17, G19 or G34, in either Gen 3 or Gen4.

Best, Jon

Never shot a G19 but have the G23 and didn't care for the recoil at all.

Do you think the G19 has less recoil than the P30?

The softest shooting 9mm that I've shot to date was a S&W 5906. BTW I don't care for the impulse of the 147gr loads in my P30S. I much prefer the Standard Pressure 124gr .

User Tag List