Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gunned down at the Waffle House

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I haven't heard that, but I haven't sought evidence to prove or disprove it either.
    It was a quick blurb in the story they ran last night on the 11 o'clock news. I was curious as to whether it was some sort of mistake or there was some truth to it. If he did in fact have one it'll fan the flames of certain fires.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    Rest in Peace.

Terrible story.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    It was a quick blurb in the story they ran last night on the 11 o'clock news. I was curious as to whether it was some sort of mistake or there was some truth to it. If he did in fact have one it'll fan the flames of certain fires.

If it is true, it would be the first case of a GWCL holder shooting a cop of which I am aware.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

The Griffin PD has issued a release stating that the info concerning the bullets going through the vest has not been verified and may be incorrect.

I have info from an peace officer in the area that I am not willing to disclose at this time.

The officer was wearing a vest.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

RIP, Brother.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    The Griffin PD has issued a release stating that the info concerning the bullets going through the vest has not been verified and may be incorrect.

I have info from an peace officer in the area that I am not willing to disclose at this time.

The officer was wearing a vest.
    I was wondering if he was wearing one. Good on him. Sadly, sometimes you can do everything right and the dragon still wins.

Please keep us posted on any pertinent learning points you come across, Chief.

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Pointless loss of life. Hopefully it's a death-penalty eligible crime in Ga.
    3/15/2016

My thoughts and prayer to his family and friends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Pointless loss of life. Hopefully it's a death-penalty eligible crime in Ga.
    It is, but I would be surprised if the local DA pursues it. As for the CWL, local papers have indicated that the officer's killer had a license, as well as the victim's brother.

User Tag List