Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What is your preferred "discreet" carry setup?

Flat (single stack), short grip 9 mm semi in an appendix position, using a thin minimalist holster. Single stack and low profile holster allow for a virtual disappearance, and short grip makes tuck in holster features unnecessary (therefore allowing for a thin holster to begin with).

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I am in the conditions similar to that described by the OP frequently. G19 or G26 (depending on cover garment) in a RCS VG2 is my solution.
    I would love to have the older model ! But I guess there is no love for the HK P30.

Although I don't care for striker fired pistol. I may end up with a G17/19 of M&P 40S&W just because the huge selection of holsters and sights. I favor the TDA from Sig or HK and they don't get much love at all even though they are high quality pistols.

J-Frame (340PD) in an ankle holster.

Experimenting with my Walther PPS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Blayglock; 08-23-2015 at 01:06 AM.

Shield w/ 7 round mag
    aiwb incog w/ one 4 hole clip and the extra wing cut off the holster.
    An extra 8 round mag in a JM custom aiwb or no extra mag depending on the occasion.
    I can wear slim fit clothing with no printing and there is no reason for anyone in public to be anywhere near that part of my body.

Pocket carry either a Kahr PM9 in a El Paso Saddlery pocket holster or a S&W 442 in a Kramer pocket holster.
    Discreet usually means a tucked in shirt and clothes that fit, so belt carry is out and my shirt tails are usually too long (comes with finding long enough sleeves for my monkey arms) to make kangaroo pouch carry systems work.
    Last edited by JodyH; 08-23-2015 at 08:28 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    I haven't quite figured this one out. I don't have the training invested with anything other than a G19 or P30 at this point. I really like the idea of a 442/642 in the pocket, but again, I just don't have the practice in on a snub. Maybe a G43 is in my future.

I've carried a G19 in one of these under a dress shirt and sport coat a couple of times (http://www.kangaroocarry.com) and it worked well. It tends to shift around on me, and anything larger than a 19 is too big on my frame.

I have used the PistolWear for the gym and running (actually, as recently as today with a G19) and it's a good product. I have a MIC trigger guard holster for a Glock as well (http://www.themicholster.com), but haven't yet tried it tucked with slacks and a button down.

G19 or P99 in an AIWB set up. I have yet to find a scenario where that doesn't work for me.
    Last edited by WDW; 08-23-2015 at 04:46 PM.

I can put my g26 in a vanguard 2 pretty much anywhere on my waist, even wearing a suit or tucked in shirt and its invisible.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I am daily in an NPE and I carry a Walther PPS in a DSG clip-on IWB holster at 3:30. Pocket carry a reload in a Blue Force Gear Ten-Speed single mag pouch on a RCS Pocket Shield.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

My summer EDC is a HK P-30SK V1 Carried AIWB in a Cooks Trigger Guard Cover (like a VG2) without problem. Same setup with a P-30 V1 in winter.

User Tag List