Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Speed Shooting Championships doesn't even have 100 entries yet...

World Speed Shooting Championships doesn't even have 100 entries yet...

YIKES

It is less than 30 days until the match and they don't have 100 entries for this match. USPSA is mismanaging Steel Challenge like a boss. Seriously the US Steel National, which is not run my USPSA, was nearly full with 200 some entries IIRC.

The USPSA needs to hand the management of this match to someone that actually knows what they are doing. Changing the venue twice in three years, and only announcing the match less than 6 months before it is held isn't help anything.

From the USPSA Facespace:
    Lot of recent interest in the World Speed Shooting Championships (www.worldspeedshoot.com) coming up June 25-28! Get in while you still can! First 100 entries will receive 50% off coupon from match sponsor Safariland!

The big problem is that USPSA has no vision for Steel Challenge. They never have. Which is sort of a larger problem the organization has as well - lack of vision and good leadership in the un-elected executive roles.

The question is, how can we get that vision?

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    The question is, how can we get that vision?
    I'd start with re-organizing USPSA so it's not "member run" which is a joke anyway and then firing Kim Williams and hiring someone competent. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I'd start with re-organizing USPSA so it's not "member run" which is a joke anyway and then firing Kim Williams and hiring someone competent. But that's just me.
    I disagree about getting rid of the elections, we just need to elect better people. I missed Phil's election due to my cancer. But from the previous election I remember that except for in person discussion between members locally, everything I heard was brief position statements in Front Sight. I think we need a better way for the candidates to communicate to the members.

In fact I believe the opposite the USPSA board is using executive meetings, really simplified meeting minutes, and not releasing the financials to keep things hidden from the membership. I believe that recordings or detailed transcripts of board meetings should be made available for all members on the USPSA website.

I disagree about getting rid of the elections, we just need to elect better people. I missed Phil's election due to my cancer. But from the previous election I remember that except for in person discussion between members locally, everything I heard was brief position statements in Front Sight. I think we need a better way for the candidates to communicate to the members.

In fact I believe the opposite the USPSA board is using executive meetings, really simplified meeting minutes, and not releasing the financials to keep things hidden from the membership. I believe that recordings or detailed transcripts of board meetings should be made available for all members on the USPSA website.
    If only USPSA had some kind of public "forum" or something open to all members where candidates could post information and maybe have "ask me anything" sessions. Such a thing could also be used to post transcripts and such in an easily searchable manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    If only USPSA had some kind of public "forum" or something open to all members where candidates could post information and maybe have "ask me anything" sessions. Such a thing could also be used to post transcripts and such in an easily searchable manner.
    There is the USPSA forum.

Though I think there is more discussion on Enos, unfortunately because things get heated any serious topic doesn't last long.

Site Supporter
    There is the USPSA forum.

Though I think there is more discussion on Enos, unfortunately because things get heated any serious topic doesn't last long.
    Agreed.

Having it in Utah Sucks..

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimelarry View Post
    Having it in Utah Sucks..
    What is bad about it being in Utah? I'm honestly curious.

User Tag List