Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: JRC AIWB-CDA II: The skinny man's Holy Grail...

Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post
    The execution on that looks great!

With that much adjustability, would this same holster work behind the hip with a little forward cant?
    Absolutely! I have had several people buy it with that intention. I think it would be a little stiff for 3 0'clock, but works fine behind the hip.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

I have one on order now and cant wait to get it, Jim has been awesome to deal with

Ordered mine today. Can't wait to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    Here are some pictures of a modified reinforcement. This obviously is a cleaner solution since it is sewn on, before the holster is folded and molded.

You can see both tabs, above and below the ejection port. They are wider than the belt, to allow for fabric thickness and cant angle.

A side view. you can see the top tab is double thick.

The back view of the reinforcement.

In this view, you can see how the tabs align with the belt loop. The shape of the reinforcement makes the holster very crush resistant, without adding a lot of bulk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post
    With that much adjustability, would this same holster work behind the hip with a little forward cant?
    Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    Absolutely! I have had several people buy it with that intention. I think it would be a little stiff for 3 0'clock, but works fine behind the hip.
    Thanks for the reply. It looks to me that this design would pretty much eliminate the need/desire for two loops. I had an Andrews MacDaniel II that moved just a little too much.

I just bought a Sparks SS2 from Brownells, but I think this will be my next leather purchase.

My CDA-II for a G17 showed up today. Time from order to delivery was 8 1/2 weeks.

Craftsmanship is unlike any other holster I have handled.

I adjusted the belt loop so that the grip is as high above the beltline as it will go, and it still tucks the grip in better than any of the other top quality custom kydex AIWB holsters I own/have owned.

Initial impression is super positive.

I was asked how it feels. Honestly it feels exactly what a $180.00 holster should feel like. Damn impressive.

Nice! What kind of belt are you running there?
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    My CDA-II for a G17 showed up today. Time from order to delivery was 8 1/2 weeks.

Craftsmanship is unlike any other holster I have handled.

I adjusted the belt loop so that the grip is as high above the beltline as it will go, and it still tucks the grip in better than any of the other top quality custom kydex AIWB holsters I own/have owned.

Initial impression is super positive.

I was asked how it feels. Honestly it feels exactly what a $180.00 holster should feel like. Damn impressive.

Nick, glad you like your new rig. I appreciate your business!
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Nice! What kind of belt are you running there?
    It's an Ares Gear Ranger belt.

Thanks.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

User Tag List