Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SuperTurk (Chiappa MC27)

SuperTurk (Chiappa MC27)

This is a very interesting 9mm handgun. Imported by Chiappa (of Rhino fame!) and made by Girsan of Turkey. FYI Girsan has been making Beretta and Walther clones for decades. Also known as MKE.

http://www.chiappafirearms.com/product/2624

Some of you know I like interesting guns. Even though my life is occupied with custom 1911's, BHP's, Berettas, Glocks and M&P's I am easily distracted by unusual guns of high quality.

I first saw the MC27 at SHOT and was impressed by a few things. The QC is very high. Western Euro high. The barrel, slide, frame fit is precise. Bore is beautiful.
    The design is apparently a hybrid of the Beretta 92, CZ75, and SIG. It has a thumb safety! Yay!

Bottom half is Beretta-esque machined from aluminum billet (but takes CZ 15rd mags). CZ style slide rails and thumb safety and SIG flavor barrel hood lockup ( CZ kidney shaped lower lug.)

Single action safety (no decocker) ala CZ75 with SIG style one piece grips. Flatwire recoil spring system. Excellent SA/DA trigger. Much lighter and smoother than a typical 92. Will weigh it soon.

The feel of the gun is surprisingly good with a lot of small details. The barrel locking area is rockwell tested (nice) and the machining quality is excellent. All parts are metallic except for grip and hammer strut retainer.

So far the gun is 100% reliable with everything from 115 jacketed WWB to 127 +P+. A few hot spots around the grip tang that need dehorning. Sights are good but not well regulated (4" low at 10 yards). Repeated calls to the importer for new sights has gotten me no where but an answering machine. I need to spend more time testing accuracy but so far things are promising.

This has been an interesting sub $400 diversion. Sights will be next project. Magwell is also unbeveled. Lots of roll pins.

I have to say I like this more than the $1200 Sphinx I played with 2 weeks ago. Yep.

Last edited by WilsonCombatRep; 05-24-2014 at 09:01 AM.

This is merely subjective based upon its appearance, but it looks like a cross between a Star Model B and a CZ. I wait to here what the long term performance is and how well it holds up.

Nothing much like a Star. Found out the mag, although Mec Gar, is not a CZ or Beretta. Oh no. Proprietary.

Is that mag release the same as a Beretta or just similar in looks?

If only Sphynx was still making their competition gun, they were so, so nice.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

looks kind a like my P229. If performance is the same it should sell well.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    Is that mag release the same as a Beretta or just similar in looks?

If only Sphynx was still making their competition gun, they were so, so nice.
    Looks and acts like a Beretta

i already asked but just in case.

i pmed you about that, but ill ask on here in case someone else has the experience as well. i was reading that this gun uses sig p226 sights. is it true? and are the stock sights ajustable?

Quote Originally Posted by vinosd773 View Post
    i pmed you about that, but ill ask on here in case someone else has the experience as well. i was reading that this gun uses sig p226 sights. is it true? and are the stock sights ajustable?
    Dove tails look too big for Sig P22x sights.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by vinosd773 View Post
    The sights are not SIG dovetail..just adjustable for windage

Site Supporter
    It looks sort of like the CZ40B to me, but the safety looks like a Beretta 84.

User Tag List