Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: New York reload

Banned
    I took a Yeager class....once. It was Fighting Pistol back in 2009 and it was about on par with what is seen in the posted video.

I live within easy driving distance to Camden , had an off weekend from work and there were a couple of local shooters who thought he had a good course so I took his class. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
    What the bloody f*&% is "retail threat management"? Is that the dude that stalks your local Wal Mart trying to detain shoplifters? I can see our local "Agent 58" is way under-gunned, all she carries is a radio and pen. I wonder if they make an underwire bra attachment rig for that? But I guess upon further reading this may be a hoax. Doh
    Long backstory on this.
    Google "Gecko45".
    The original "mall ninja".

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    A feller can do worse things than use half Sabrina.
    Every time I see a Matt Graham video I want to ask him about his Sabrinaesque position. I have nothing but respect for his material so far, so I'm curious as heck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I'll PM Gecko45 on Facebook and ask him. I need to set up a time to have lunch with him when I'm in New Hamster next month, anyway...
    Wait a sec... both you and Gecko will be in NH next month? At the same time? This is a small state; we don't have enough snark for the both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by fn/form View Post
    Every time I see a Matt Graham video I want to ask him about his Sabrinaesque position. I have nothing but respect for his material so far, so I'm curious as heck.
    I seem to recall Matt working from a high ready. We have one student who is a FAM. We never say a word to him about the high ready, because it is one of the places where it is the best way to go. There are some limited instances where some of these high positions work and make sense. They are very limited, but for some people, it is the best route............unfortunately, most of the advocates are not those people.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly320s View Post
    Wait a sec... both you and Gecko will be in NH next month? At the same time? This is a small state; we don't have enough snark for the both of you.
    He lives there.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Yeager gives some priceless advice at 2:40 of this video on how to respond to people asking about the G19-shaped growth in your abdomen.

I've never watched a Yeager video before.

I'm kind of irritated that I can no longer say that.

How have I missed this?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Yeager gives some priceless advice at 2:40 of this video on how to respond to people asking about the G19-shaped growth in your abdomen.
    Mr. Yeager needs to spend more time in what is often termed the "non-permissive environment".

What he says there might be true enough for the stranger on the street who either doesn't interact with you or doesn't interact with you for more than a couple of minutes. I've carried openly a number of times and hardly anyone notices an openly displayed handgun, much less spends time pondering the significance of an angular bulge at the waistline. It's quite another thing altogether to be in the same environment around the same people every day where the consequences of somebody seeing your gun could be life altering.

Personally I'd just prefer to buy carry gear that doesn't smurfing suck. Seems a lot simpler to me.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List