Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 340 PD

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    There, as they say, is the proof. Interesting, indeed… especially the box.

My 360PD came in a externally-padded hard case with a white outer box, the product label affixed to one end (I'd post a photo, but I "may not post attachments"). Ditto my 242 and 342, both of which are pre-lock. In fact, every AirLite I've seen (perhaps a dozen or so) came so packaged.

That appears to be a period-vintage cardboard box. One wonders if this piece has sat in some warehouse/back shelf for the past 12 years. If it were mine, I'd cough up the fifty bucks for a Jinks letter. That's gonna be the only way to know for sure what this revolver's pedigree is.

In any event, great score, guy. Treasure that puppy.

Just saw this. I'd bet it's a new manufacture. New Smith and Wessons are again coming in cardboard boxes not plastic hard cases. This appears to have been the case for about 2-3 years now.

I still want a 340PD in a bad way....But have been thinking of just sending the 642 off to Gemini Custom for their Pocket Protector package. This thread and the various 1911 threads are not helping me at all...

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by d50 View Post
    Very interesting. So nothing wrong with the secret service 442s with prototype alloy cylinders.
    We don't know that. Supica makes the statement, but I suspect he's just repeating what he was told. Personally, I firmly believe they would indeed have offered it commercially, if nothing else because the Ti-Scan guns are VERY popular, yet not half the folks who want one will buy one due to the high price. I further believe the reason they haven't is because of product liability concerns.

We know the guns were made and issued… the rest is conjecture. But I agree with you 100%; I'd buy two of these if they didn't have the lock, right now…

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Just saw this. I'd bet it's a new manufacture.
    I'd bet its not. Did you not see the similarity in serial numbers between this one and my 360PD from 2002?

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    We don't know that. Supica makes the statement, but I suspect he's just repeating what he was told. Personally, I firmly believe they would indeed have offered it commercially, if nothing else because the Ti-Scan guns are VERY popular, yet not half the folks who want one will <not> buy one due to the high price. I further believe the reason they haven't is because of product liability concerns.

We know the guns were made and issued… the rest is conjecture. But I agree with you 100%; I'd buy two of these if they didn't have the lock, right now…

ETA to add "not"… duh.

User Tag List