Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Hill People Gear Kit Bags?

The Maxpedition Sneaky Holster works well in the original size kit bag.

Site Supporter
    One advantage of the Zach holster with the HPG Kit Bag, is increased safety when reholstering. It makes it much easier to keep the gun from pointing at your arm or chest compared to a more regular holster in the pocket.

Site Supporter
    I finally decided to try the SAR V3 version of the HPG Kit Bag. I've been bicycling a lot recently and have not had much luck with fanny packs or other methods of concealment on the bike. It's a great bag, I'm sorry I waited so long to buy one. The size is perfect. So far the only thing I'd like to see changed is to have some sort of quick pull on the gun pocket.

LOVE the PALS for hanging a radio on the front. I was pleasantly surprised how stable the bag is without having to cinch it too tightly. I can still get air flowing between the bag and my chest when leaned over, but without any bouncing and zero chafing (over a t-shirt).

I picked up a cheap-o Kydex trigger guard on eBay (solid build, lots of colors, $10 shipped out the next day). Ok... maybe the second thing to tweak is putting two tie-downs on the outer corners of the gun pocket, instead of one in the middle. It would make for a shorter draw pull using the trigger-guard-on-a-string. I'll keep looking for other pocket/Velcro holster options.

Even in red it still looks tactical enough to get me 3 passes from the local Constabulary on my Saturday morning ride. Things are slow around here.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by FOG View Post
    The Maxpedition Sneaky Holster works well in the original size kit bag.

Huh. Never seen that. Just one click ordered one more $10. Thanks
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

When I see these bags they scream gun to me much more than a fanny pack

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    When I see these bags they scream gun to me much more than a fanny pack
    You're not wrong, but I wouldn't wear mine in an urban environment. In the outdoors, and especially when worn with a pack, they blend into the environment more.

Quote Originally Posted by krax View Post
    You're not wrong, but I wouldn't wear mine in an urban environment. In the outdoors, and especially when worn with a pack, they blend into the environment more.
    Kanye West disagrees with you!
    https://www.gq.com/story/kanye-west-...e-same-man-bag
    https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/kanye...der-available/
    $600

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by krax View Post
    I made the conscious decision not to try and blend. Bright red, with a CERT patch and HAM radio clipped on the front.
    I figured if I wasn't going to be able to blend, may as well make it look like something with a non-gun purpose.

I look forward to what my wife says about this, after the sideways look she gave me first time we rode together wearing mine.
    Maybe I'll have something to post in the Deep Thoughts thread....

ETA: Via text.

Me: Look, I'm fashion forward (included both links).
    Wife: That is scary

Not very deep, but I'm still laughing.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 09-06-2019 at 08:14 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I got a HPG Original Kit Bag v.2 for my recent hiking trip to Alaska. It's very well made, and I was able to access my G20 quickly in practice. But in the field, I found it to be hot, sweaty, and it didn't interface easily with my day pack straps.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    Kanye West disagrees with you
    That made my day.

Who wore it better, Kanye or Evan Hill?

User Tag List