Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Hill People Gear Kit Bags?

I've had an original KB for a while and rarely go into the woods without it. Works well with a backpack. I recently picked up the Snubby size. I carry a G-19 or M&P40c in it while jogging. There's barely room in it for my badge wallet and iPhone Otterbox. They've been talking about a limited run Snubby with a bit extra capacity.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! Looks like I need two, the big one for the woods and the smaller for running.

Ken

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! Looks like I need two, the big one for the woods and the smaller for running.
    You won't be disappointed. I have the Recon and added a small Tactical Tailor pouch and an ESEE Izula II to the front of it via the webbing. I've used it on several overnight or multinight hikes. I carry a G26 + a G17 mag in the pistol compartment, survival kit in the second compartment, and flashlight and a little bit of food in the add on pouch. It works really well for me.

I'm excited to get mine, as they are doing a limited run of the Runner's Kit Bag in a sporty-looking gray material. I'm just waiting for the email to say it is on the way...
    Outrunning my headlights since '81.

I've been drooling over their kit bags for a while now. My b-day is coming up in a couple of weeks and I will be purchasing one then. I too think I need the full size kit bag and the Snubby. The Snubby would be great for runs and the full sized would be used for hiking and backpacking. I think a Tarahumara and/or Umlindi pack are also in my future. Tons of good reviews on their gear all over the web.

The kit bags look cool.

I really like the look of their Mountain Serapes...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

What does recommend for a holster when using the kit bag? The one HPG have in their web site or something else?

I've been running/hiking/boating/backpacking with my HPG kitbag for a couple of years. I never saw the need for a holster but if you need one look at the Fricke Zacchaeus. You can actually get one right from HPG.

https://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Produ...8/ProductID/35
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by delkancott View Post
    What does recommend for a holster when using the kit bag? The one HPG have in their web site or something else?
    I use the Vertx holster, which attach to the inside of the bag via hook and loop. Works great!
    https://vertx.com/multi-purpose-holster-full

Quote Originally Posted by delkancott View Post
    I use the HPG holster offered by Contact! Concealment. Only caveat is that there was significant lead time when I ordered mine. Having said that, I prefer it with its Velcro attachment as opposed to the dummy corded Zach holster sold by Hill People. The dummy corded holster, in my experience, requires the gun to be drawn significantly further away from the bag to disengage the holster as opposed to drawing the gun from a more conventional holster secured with Velcro inside the bag. Not a big deal when carrying AIWB with a minimalist holster secured to the belt, but more so when the holster is essentially dummy corded to the center of my chest. I’ve written about both the HPG Kit Bag and the Contact! Concealment Holster on my blog...

https://wp.me/p6gwfx-12o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List